Date: 14 Apr 2021 to 21 Apr 2021
Profile manager: Challenges WikiTree [send private message]
This page has been accessed 163 times.
The WikiTree Challenge Week 15
- Guest Star: Cheri (Hudson) Passey
Documents shared by Guest
Photos shared by Guest
- Cheri's blog: Carolina Girl Genealogy
South Carolina Resources
Tell Us What You Found
- List interesting finds to share with the guest at the end of the week
- "Original data: ( South Carolina) This unique collection of records was extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases. Originally, the information was derived from an array of materials including pedigree charts, family history articles, querie.
- William Smith: Inscription on headstone " "Yet tears are left and long regrets. Unceasing shall their tribute pay. As soon the heart to throb forget. As thy remembrance pass away."
- Mary Ann (Amick) Huet (abt.1770-abt.1860) a big court case over the sale of 200 acres of land she owned “on the waters of South Edisto” led to lots of adverts in the papers which gave us the names of many of her children and their spouses.
Free Space Pages
- List any Free Space Pages created for, or linked to, members of this family.
- Did any of the guest's family serve in the military or military conflicts (Civil War, Revolutionary War, WWI, etc.)?
- John F. Frierson He became a Lt. in the Fifth Regiment on 9 March 1778. he transferred to the 2nd Regiment in February 1780 and was taken prisoner at the Fall of Charleston. After being exchanged during Jun 1781, he served to the close of the war.
- GGGG-Grandfather, Charles McManus (1747-1830) Revolutionary War, South Carolina
- GGGG-Grandfather, Joshua Stafford fought in Virginia during the American Revolution in 1778.
- Claudius Richbourg served in South Carolina during the American Revolution. John Richbourg's sub-officers were Henry Richbourg, James Richbourg, and Nathaniel Richbourg, who were his brothers. Claudius was Cheri's 7th great-grandfather.
- Phillip Bodham Roberts served in the Marion War during the American Revolution.
- John Epps
- John Gibson
- Benjamin Walker Jr.
- John Bradford
- Henry Clader Vaughn - Cheri's 6th great-grandfather
War of 1812:
- Ezra Ashby Hudson was a private in the Palmetto Battalion of Ligh Artillery on the Confederate side during the American Civil War. He was Cheri's second great-grandfather.
- Thomas Lemuel Thames (1827-abt.1863) fought for Confederacy
- James Booth served as a Private in the South Carolina Infantry on the Confederate side during the American Civil War. James was Cheri's 4th great-grandfather.
World War II
- Cheri's grandfather Gilbert Roberts and his brothers Edmond and Wilbert all died in World War II.
- Cheri's paternal grandfather Ben Hudson served
- Not quite a brick wall, but I've solved the mystery of what happened to Betrand Campbell Price when he left his home in 1922.
- The link from William J Dorrity to Alexander Dorrity is so close. Alexander was executor on the probate for Ozias Mathis who is probably William's wife's brother. But just couldn't find a source to make the final connection here.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.