WikiTree Challenge Week 23
Guest Star: Yvette Hoitink
- Note from Yvette:
- Please note that several online trees have Jan Gommeren as the father of Maria Verstraete a.k.a. Gommeren (my mother’s number 15). Although he acknowledged her as his daughter when she was seven years old, I do not have proof that he was also her biological father. I only have him as her legal father at this point, which is not shown in this tree. That is why there is a blank in my fan chart for number 30 and his ancestors. I am working with DNA matches to try and prove or disprove him as the biological father.
- Note: Please check with your captain, Cheryl Hess, if there are any questions about the images being protected by copyright.
- add image link here
- Acceptable Resources List
- Dutch Naming Conventions
- Dutch Roots Sticker
- Family Search shares all filmed books of churches and civil status here
- Primary Tree: Paternal Fan Chart
- Primary Tree; Maternal Fan Chart
- RootsTech sessions on Dutch genealogy.
- Site with her father's ancestry
- Site with her mother's ancestry
- WieWasWie Citation Creator
- When searching in Dutch archives and you are looking for a name like mine (with "van" or "de" or anything like it as part of the name) Don't put the prefixes in the place where they ask for the surname. Use only the main word in the last name field.
- Before 1811 we need to find sources in church books. That is harder than finding sources after 1811 as all needed to go to the town hall to register birth, marriage and death. Use WhoWasWho and OpenArch and you will probably find what you are looking for.
- Records are in Dutch, Latin or French.
- The eldest son is named after the father's father, the second son after mother's father, the first daughter after the mother's mother, the second daughter after the father's mother.
- All given names are put in the first name field. There are no middle names, so please select the "no middle name" status.
- Women are mentioned using their maiden name in records, so don't use the husband's surname as Current Last Name.
- In the Napoleontic era (1806–1813) the BMD documents are in French. Suddenly all the Jans become Jean, Pieters become Pierre and Hendriks become Henri, and Willem who becomes Guillaume.
- Example Profile 1 and Example Profile 2.
Tell Us What You Found!!
- Primary source for marriage of Willemijna Deonisius van Eersel, see her WT profile
- Some details on Wilhelmina's death (residence, age, informants), see her WT profile
- Small correction for Berendina (Roerdink Lho) te Loo (1785-1821). Yvette has her down as being baptised or born about 4 April 1785 but she was actually born on the 4th and baptised on the 10th. Confusion caused by the fact that the baptismal records are in order of date of birth rather than the usual date of baptism.
- Burial date and place for Lambertus (Antonius) Lochten (bef.1626-bef.1705)
- Original source of the marriage of Joannes (Lamberti) van der Logt (bef.1676-bef.1752) to Jenneken Cornelis Jan marten Geerts in Rijsbergen. Yvette has on her website a statement that correspondence with someone is the source.
- Death certificate of Hendrika (Kastein) van't Hul who immigrated to the United States. She died in 1921 in Sioux Center, Iowa.
- On https://www.netherlandsgenealogy.com/ Yvette has Gert Woordes (I17662) as the son of Jan Woordes and Stijnken Gorkink. However, since he names his firstborn daughter Gaeken, it seems more likely that Gert is a son of Jan Wordes (I29086) and Gaeken ter Wijssche. Also witness for this baptism is Geertken Veltkamp (same name as 2nd wife of this Jan Wordes).
- According to her marriage record with Maarte Trouw, Lijsbet Cornelisse Luijcks was born in Ruckven (Rucphen).
- primary source for baptism of Johannes Baptista Luijts was found.
- In 1755 and 1756 the heirs of Jan Backx, including Klasijn Backx (assisted by her husband Hendrick Luijts), sell property in Weelde. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QHK-Q3PZ-Y4V2?i=452&cat=51957 and https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QHK-Q3PZ-Y4K2?i=454&cat=51957
- List interesting finds to share with the guest at the end of the week
- When Martinus Trouw (1822-1868) married he handed over a written declaration of the local doctor that is mother was insane and therefor not able to express her will about his marriage.
- Cornelis Trouw went to prison for a day probably because he was peddling without a permit (overtreding afh voerwaren). We know his cause of death: crouposa pneumonia and paralysis cordis
- Gijsbertus van der Sande: In 1810, Gijs van der Sanden is registered as aged 46, born in Loon op Zand, married with 3 children, Catholic religion and a shoemaker ("cordonnier") by profession. He seems to be living with or next to his parents in law Jacobus Dirkze and Cornelia van Gulik and their children Jacobus and Johanna Dirkze. His wife Katharina Dirkse is registered as aged 36, born in Loon op Zand, married with 3 children, a shoemaker's wife. His son Adrianus grew up to be a shoemaker as well.
- Gerrit Jan van Nijkerken was a mason, the same as his father. He was born, married, and died in Winterswijk, Nederland. (Willemina Berendina van Nijkerken line)
- Petronella Oomen (1823-1906) was only 2,5 hours old when her father showed her to the municalipty registration on 20th september 1823 as proof that she was born. I hope they lived close by...... (born 13.30, registration office 16.00)
- Marinus van der Loght was looked over by a small group of people. He had three wives so the records were checked carefully to make sure it was the same man. Marinus was a carpenter. His third wife survived him by almost two years. (Maria Verstraeten Line)
- Joannes Pemen (1750-1812) and his first wife Catharina Hop had a child that's not on Yvettes tree: Joannes Pemen baptized on 15 feb 1776 in Princenhage, Noord-Brabant. He married and had - probably - children
- Yvette's GGGG Grandmother, Anna Maria de Bont Smulders (abt.1784-1858) has a sister, Joanna Maria de Bont (abt.1788-1846), with names and dates similar enough that it seems Yvette's Ancestry and Marijnissen trees have the dates inter-mixed. I have left Research Notes on both profiles laying out the sources with each daughter showing my Wikitree's dates are different than Yvette's.
- Question for Yvette: How does she decide on which last name to use ? WT uses LNAB but she somehow seems to select one randomly ?
- GG-Grandmother, Willemina Berendina (Kastein) van Nijkerken (1856-1918)'s cousin Hendrika Gezina (Kastein) van't Hul (1838-1921) immigrated to Iowa, USA and wrote this tribute in memory of her second husband. There was a Dutch newspaper in Sioux Center, Iowa at that time.
|Hendricka Van't Hull Tribute to John|
Free Space Pages
- List of Free Space Pages created for or linked to members of this family.
- Did any of the guests family serve in the military or military conflicts?
- Cornelis Trouw was drafted for 5 years 10 may 1878 till 9 may 1883
- Martinus Trouw (1822-1868) was consrpted/drafted for five years starting in 1840 3rd regiment artillerie
- Please see the Resources section for a link to the fan charts.
- Joannes van den Bichelaer ➔ Hubertus van den Biggelaar ➔ Jan van den Biggelaar ➔ Hubertus van den Bichelaer: Needs parents
- Laurentius Hendrick Smeulders ➔ Joanna Maria Heijkants ➔ Anneken van Dongen: Needs parents
- Gerardus van den Heuvel ➔ Adriaan van den Heubel ➔ Adrianna Brouwer ➔ Elisabeth Henricus Driessen: Needs parents
- Johannes Franciscus Bovendeert ➔ Franciscus Einmahl: Needs a father
- Johannes Franciscus Bovendeert ➔ Elisabeth Tanto ➔ Johan Jacob Tanto: Needs parents
- Maria Platschart ➔ Joanna de Witte ➔ Jan de Witte: Needs a mother
- Gijsbertus van der Sande: Needs parents
- Maria Catharina Dircksen ➔ Jacobus Dirksen: Needs children added
- Maria Catharina Dircksen ➔ Jacobus Dirksen ➔ Engelbert Dirksen: Needs parents
- Maria Catharina Dircksen ➔ Jacobus Dirksen ➔ Maria Catharina Huijsens: Needs parents
- Maria Catharina Dircksen ➔ Cornelia van Gulik ➔ Maria Damen: Needs parents
- Bartholomeus Theodorus van Eenetten: Needs parents
- Johanna Luijts ➔ Hendrikus Luijts ➔ Johannes Baptista Luijts : Needs children added. So does his 2nd wife.
- Johanna Luijts ➔ Hendrikus Luijts ➔ Johannes Baptista Luijts ➔ Henricus Luijts: Needs parents
- Joannis Cornelis Trouw ➔ Cornelis Trouw ➔ Lijsbet Luijks: Needs parents
- Adrianus (Lochten) van der Logt ➔ Joannes Lochten ➔ Lambertus Lochten ➔ Antonis Locht: Needs parents: Baptismal records only from 1606 onwards, so unable to find parents
- Adrianus (Lochten) van der Logt ➔ Joannes Lochten ➔ Lambertus Lochten ➔ Aeltje van de Wijngaerd: Needs parents
- Adrianus (Lochten) van der Logt ➔ Joannes Lochten ➔ Jacobmijntje Cools: Needs parents Possible parents Cornelis Willemsen Cool and Anneken Jacobs, need further research
- Adrianus (Lochten) van der Logt ➔ Joanna Geerts ➔ Cornelius M. Geert ➔ Johannes Geerts: Needs parents
- Adrianus (Lochten) van der Logt ➔ Joanna Geerts ➔ Cornelius M. Geert ➔ Maria Snoeijs: Needs parents
- Anna Adrianse van Borst ➔ Gertrudis Tiimmermans ➔ Peter Tiimmermans ➔ Aert Timmerman: Needs parents
- Anna Adrianse van Borst ➔ Gertrudis Tiimmermans ➔ Peter Tiimmermans ➔ Gertruijd Peeters: Needs parents
- Anna Adrianse van Borst ➔ Gertrudis Tiimmermans ➔ Jenneken Ossenblock: Needs parents
- Please update this list with what you have done, or write "done" after them. Thanks!
- Joannes van den Bichelaer b. 1801 Needs: Children added, parents added - DONE
- Theodorus Adriaen de Bont b 1749 Needs: parents added, Dutch information added from records, children added, death record found. - Death Record is only thing left for this item to be done DONE ✔️
- Franciscus Bovendeert b. 1836 Needs: parents added
- Cornelis Flooren b. 1846 Needs parents added, Dutch information added from records, children added. DONE
- Petronella Goossens b. 1815 Needs: Dutch information added from records. DONE
- Johannes van Groesen b. 1787 Needs: children added DONE ✔️
- Henricus van Groesen b. 1753 Needs: parents added, children added, occupation or other information from Dutch records. Done
- Henricus van Groezen b. 1813 Needs: parents added, children added, Dutch information added from records. DONE
- Gerardus van den Heuvel b. 1811 Needs: Parents added
- Cornelia J. Pemen b. 1781 Needs: parents added, children added, Dutch information added from records.
- Laurentius Hendrick Smeulders b 1784 Needs: parents added, Dutch information added from records, children added. DONE
- Joannis Cornelis Trouw b. 1785 Needs: parents added, Dutch information added from records.
- Gertrudis van de Ven b. 1752 Needs: Parents added, baptism found
- Gerrit Jan Kastein (1777-1858) b. 1777-1781 - German profile - Wikitree has different parents than Yvette & FS.
- Hendrika (ter Beest) Brusse (1823-) Needs LNAB change to te Beest, then children added, see https://www.wiewaswie.nl/nl/detail/18233468 'DONE
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)