WikiTree Challenge Week 30
Guest Star: Daniel Loftus
- Note: Please check with your captain, Karen Lowe, if there are any questions about the images being protected by copyright.
- This week we are not copying any of Daniel's photos to his branches. Lowe-866 22:58, 31 July 2021 (UTC)
- add image link here
- National Archives of Ireland Try their census search
- Ireland Church Records Where to find church records with various links
- Ireland Census Substitutes What census records are available, with where to find them
- Ireland Emigration Video on FamilySearch on finding the origins of Irish Immigrants
- Irish Records Civil and Church record database
- Irish Ancestors This maps out where surnames are located, as well as locations in general
- Tracing Irish Roman Catholic Ancestry An overview of how to approach Roman Catholic research
- WikiTree Ireland Project Check for resources and stickers
- Tip: The census records are a good start, and you should be able to find images of all the birth records for each child on irishgenealogy. They have exact birth date, places, fathers Occupation, and mother’s maiden names. Once you get that, you can search for the marriage of the parents, and that gives their fathers names. The civil records are great, but only go back to 1864 for births, a bit earlier for marriages.
Tell Us What You Found!!
- List interesting finds to share with the guest at the end of the week
- Daniel Fraher was a promoter of the Irish language, a collector of Irish manuscripts, and a merchant. He was found in many dog licenses, primarily for terriers. His wife predeceased him and he was listed as a widower and a draper.
- Daniel keeps telling about those two in his interviews, but the dog licenses might be new to him, anyway
- Maybe it's also new to him, that in front of that one's former shop there is a memorial plate with a picture of him on it. He also equipped the West Waterford IRA with uniforms.
- Mary (Walsh) Fraher (1865-1913) died in a mental asylum. She had been there for 15 Years. Her sister, Bridget, also died in a Mental asylum.
- Peter (Walsh) Welsh (1875-1932) their brother Peter - you have to read this one! A-maz-ing.
- Edmond Walsh (bef.1817-1879) Their father Edmund - Rosalie found a report of his marriage in an American newspaper which told us his parish - Cloga. This is different to the birth generally believed on Ancestry trees and led us to break a brick wall. His parents are Richard Walsh and Judy Hoban.
Free Space Pages
- List of Free Space Pages created for or linked to members of this family.
- Did any of the guests family serve in the military or military conflicts?
- Daniel's great great grandmother's brother Peter (Walsh) Welsh served briefly for the Canadian forces during WWI, and his story is noted above under "Interesting Finds".
Paternal Brick Walls
- John Loftus ➔ John Loftus ➔ John Loftus (b 1821): Needs parents
- John Loftus ➔ John Loftus: Needs a mother
- John Loftus ➔ Mary Burke ➔ Patrick Burke: Needs parents
- John Loftus ➔ Mary Burke: Needs a mother
- Ellen Noone ➔ Michael Noone ➔ Thomas Noone: Needs parents
- Ellen Noone ➔ Michael Noone: Needs a mother
- Ellen Noone ➔ Margaret Conlon ➔ Thomas Conlon: Needs parents
- Ellen Noone ➔ Margaret Conlon: Needs a mother
- James Carney ➔ Anthony Carney ➔ Bartholomew Carney: Needs parents
- James Carney ➔ Anthony Carney:
Needs a motherMother found
- James Carney ➔ Mary Mullaney ➔ James Mullaney: Needs parents
- James Carney ➔ Mary Mullaney: Needs a mother
- Delia (Lavin) Carney ➔ Patrick Lavin ➔ Patrick Lavin ➔ Luke Lavin: Needs parents
- Delia (Lavin) Carney ➔ Patrick Lavin: Needs a mother
- Delia (Lavin) Carney ➔ Patrick Lavin ➔ Mary O'Brien: Needs parents
- Delia (Lavin) Carney ➔ Ann Brennan ➔ John Brennan: Needs parents
- Delia (Lavin) Carney ➔ Ann Brennan: Needs a mother
Maternal Brick Walls
- Patrick O'Cleirigh ➔ Michael O'Cleirigh ➔ Michael O'Cleirigh ➔ Thomas O'Cleirigh: Needs parents
- Patrick O'Cleirigh ➔ Michael O'Cleirigh ➔ Michael O'Cleirigh: Needs a mother
- Patrick O'Cleirigh ➔ Michael O'Cleirigh ➔ Margaret Neal: Needs parents
- Patrick O'Cleirigh ➔ Bridget Walsh ➔ Michael Walsh: Needs parents
- Patrick O'Cleirigh ➔ Bridget Walsh ➔ Mary Hannigan: Needs parents
- Kathleen (Foley) O'Cleirigh ➔ Joseph Foley ➔ Daniel Foley: Needs parents
- Kathleen (Foley) O'Cleirigh ➔ Joseph Foley: Needs a mother
- Kathleen (Foley) O'Cleirigh ➔ Catherine O'Shaughnessy ➔ Michael O'Shaughnessy: Needs parents
- Kathleen (Foley) O'Cleirigh ➔ Catherine O'Shaughnessy:
Needs a motherMother found
- Patrick Whelan ➔ Patrick Whelan (b 1864) ➔ Patrick Whelan b 1840: Needs parents
- Patrick Whelan ➔ Patrick Whelan (b 1864) ➔ Bridget Kennedy: Needs parents
- Patrick Whelan ➔ Bridget Carey ➔ John Carey ➔ James Carey: Needs parents
- Patrick Whelan ➔ Bridget Carey ➔ John Carey: Needs a mother
- Patrick Whelan ➔ Bridget Carey ➔ Mary Casey: Needs parents
- Catherine Mary (Fraher) Whelan ➔ Daniel Fraher ➔ Maurice Fraher: Needs parents
- Catherine Mary (Fraher) Whelan ➔ Daniel Fraher ➔ Catherine Hickey: Needs parents
- Catherine Mary (Fraher) Whelan ➔ Mary Walsh ➔ Edmond Walsh:
Needs parentsParents found
- Catherine Mary (Fraher) Whelan ➔ Mary Walsh ➔ Margaret (Quinlan) Walsh:
Needs parentsParents found
- Carney-3066 (Daniel's 2nd great-grandfather) has lots of dog licenses to add - he is the Anthony at Clerhy, Kiltimagh, Mayo. Needs ancestry or FMP sub for the images - gives dog descriptions!
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)