18 Feb 1817
- "In the name of God, Amen!
- I, Martin Camersac of the State of Louisiana and Parish of Saint Landry, being in good health, of perfect memory and sound mind; mindful that the period allotted for man to live is short and uncertain, and wishing to leave my worldly affairs so arranged and in such situation that my estate, real and personal, may be quietly and peaceably possed after my descease by those on whom I am inclined to bestow it, do make and ordain this my last Will and Testament;
- "First, it is my Will and desire that, after my decease, all my just debts shall be punctually paid by my Executors.
- "Secondly, I give and bequeath to Arsene Lebleu, Baptiste Lebleu, and Catherine Lebleu, wife of Charles Sallier, the whole of my estate, real and personal, immovable and moveable, to be equally divided among them or the survivors of them, and the heirs of the deceased should there be any at my decease, it being understood that, in case of heirs as above mentioned, they are to have the portion which would have belonged to their parent by virtue of this Will.
- "Thirdly, I acknowledge the said Arsene Lebleu, Baptiste Lebleu, Martin Lebleu, and Catherine Lebleu, wife of Charles Sallier, to be my natural children by Josette Lamirande, Widow Lebleu, and declare that I have no legitimate children, never having been married.
- "Fourthly I do hereby constitute and appoint the said Arsene Lebleu, Baptiste Lebleu, and Martin Lebleu or any one of the two of them, the Executors of this my Last Will and Testament.
- "And Fifthly, I do hereby disannul, disavow, and make void all other Wills, Testaments, and Codicils heretofore by me in any wise made, confirming this my last .
- "In testimony whereof, after hearing this Will read and explaind in the presence of the subscribing Witnesses, I have hereunto set my hand by making my ordinary mark before George king, Judge in and for the Parish of Saint Landry and Ex-Officio Notary-Public, who has written this my last Will as dictated by me at Opelousas, this twenty-first day of February in the Year of our Lord One Thouisand Eight Hundred and Seventeen.
- (Signed) Martin (his T- mark) Camersac -- Geo. King- P(robate) Judge and Ex-officio Notary Public"
- "Signed and acknowledged after being read and explained in presence of Valentine King, John McGlaughlin, Francois Neda, Cyrille Thibodau, and Pierre Thibodau, who have hereunto signed as assisting witnesses before George King-P(robate) Judge in and for the aforesaid Parish, at Opelousas this twenty-first day of February, one thousand eight hundred and seventeen, aforesaid.
- (Signed) Valentine King, George King-P. Judge, John McGlaughlin, Cyrille Thibodau, Fco. (sp,?) Neda, Pierre Thibodau."
- What does this will actually say? Jul 19, 2018.