Proposed Text for this Team Page
Welcome to the Theme Categories Team
This is part of the Irish Roots Project
- Goal: To create and maintain an error free category structure for Theme-related categories in the Irish Roots Project.
- Responsibilities: Maintaining the category structure, name formats and their associated pages for theme-related categories in the Irish Roots Project.
- What we do: Review and maintain Provincial categories and their associated how to and help pages, following Irish Roots Project guidelines and standards.
- Who should Join: Anyone who understands or has an interest in the groupings of Theme-related categories for the Irish Roots Project and how they interact with each other.
- How to join: Send your request to the Team Leader or Rich Devlin It would be an asset if you are already a member of the Categorization Project, but it is not required.
- Leader: TBC
- Members: - Add your name here
Sub-teams will be implemented as needed.
Some basic questions to be answered
1. Who should be on this Team. What type of person, Interests etc
- anyone who wants to help keep the categories error free
- anyone who understands the administrative divisions and religious divisions in Ireland and how they interact with each other.
2. What does this Team do? Why do we have it?
- This team is going to be responsible for maintaining the category structure and name formats of categories for all categories except location categories.
- The purpose of this team is to help ensure that our Irish Roots Project categories are in line with WikiTree's Categorization Vision and Planning guidelines; to help ensure that our Irish Roots Project categories are created and maintained within WikiTree's Categorization Maintenance guidelines; and to ensure that our Irish Roots Project is viewed as an accurate and reliable place to research Irish ancestors.
3. What other Projects or Teams does it interact with. Where and why? Responsibilities of each Project.
- This team will interact with the Categories Project on a regular basis through the Categorization Project Maintenance Team, Coordinator or Leaders as needed. This should be done by the Irish Roots Categories Team Leader by email or through Discord.
- This team will also interact with Provincial Teams in Irish Roots project that require category intersection with Themes. This should be done through email, Discord, or the Irish Roots GoogleGroup.
5. What is the plan and goal? Short term - long term. When should it be implemented?
- Short Term Goal - Implement the Theme structure and name changes when it is approved through the Proposal process underway now.
- Long Term Goal - Develop space pages for Categories, as needed
- Long Term Goal - Monitor and maintain the Theme-related portion of the Irish Roots category structure