Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: Forton, Staffordshire, England
Location: Forton, Staffordshire, England
Profile manager: Anna Strutt [send private message]
This page has been accessed 58 times.
Return to Geoffrey Pigot
- Transcription of the Will of Geoffrey Pigot
- This is an abbreviated version of Geoffrey's will that I have transcribed.
- In ye name of God amen, I Jeffery Piggot of Forton in the county of Stafford Gentleman being of health and perfect memory (thanks be to God for it) [...] (revoking all other wills and testaments of mine whatsoever) make this my last will and testament the 24th day of December in the 22 year of ye reigne of our sovereigne Lord King Charles ye second and in ye year of our Lord God 1670 in manner and form following [...] as it is ye dutie of every good christian I give and bequeath to [..] hopeing to be saved by the obedience, death and passion of [...]soule to Allmightie God my Creator, Redeemer and [...] wer he suffer on ye crosse for me [...] to ye earth from wherever it came [...] Church of Forton.
- 1. son 1. Henry Piggot- five shillings and one piece of silver which father gave me on his death bed, and one piece of silver which my mother gave me on her death bed [...](overseer of his will)
- 2. grandchild Henry Piggot
- 3. daughter Jane Higgins - five shillings
- 4. daughter Judith Weir - five shillings
- 5. Elizabeth Piggot the wife of my brother [#6]
- 6. "'Henry Piggot [brother] ten shillings.
- 7. George Piggot (who dwelleth with me) and to his mother Mary Piggot one cowe, at ye descretion of my Executor.
- 8. [mother of #7] Mary Piggot
- 9. son Thomas Piggot (who hath allreadie received Forty poundes towards his portion of my son Henry by my appointment) thirtie poundes in monie wch he oweth me, and I give and release unto the sayd Thomas Piggot one hundred and twoe stukes of corne, twoe fat swine, twoe store swine, wch together with a certain quantity of butter and cheese (wch I release and allso give to him) are due to me from the sayd Thomas Piggot my son […]
- 10. grandson Thomas Higgins- fifty four of my best sheep to be taken out of the flock at the oversight of my brother Henry Piggot and son-in-law Roger Higgins. I give to ye sayd Thomas Higgins my bay mare, sadle and all that belongeth to it, my bootes, spurs, all my wearing apparell, All my implements of husbandry whatsoever together with my tooles in ye shop.
- 11. Roger Higgins.[son in law]
- All my will is that (Mr. Skrymsher ye [worshipful] Lord of the Manner being satisfied and my funeral expenses discharged) the remainder of my goods and unbequeathed both my cattel and all other goods together[ ...] owing to me shall be divided into three equal parts, whereof my wife Judith Piggot shall have one third part be give the third of my copiehold lands
- 12. Judith Higgins [Wife]
- 13. Margaret Piggot my grandchild shall have another third part and the other third part I give to Thomas Higgins [#10] my grandchild who I nominate and appoint my sole executor of this my will.
- and [ ? ] and appoint Henry Piggot my son and Roger Higgins my son in lawe to be overseers of this my last will and testament.
- signed, sealed, published and declared to be the last will and testament of Jeffery Piggot in the [? ] of Richard Leeves
- the mark of Dorothie Foxe, seen and attested by my fathers command, Henry Pigott this 18th February 1672. 
- ↑ "Probate -Index of Wills - Diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, 1600-1790," Name: Geoffrey Piggott, Residence: Forton, Staffordshire, Staffordshire Record Office Repository, Date Recorded: 29 May 1674, Lichfield Consistory Court, Reference B/C/11 FindMyPast (accessed [27 Nov 2021])
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.