Location: Union County, Indiana, USA
Surnames/tags: DuBois Beard
TO THE BOARD OF MANAGERS OF
THE INDIANA SOCIETY
SONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
I, Elihu B. Beard being of the age of 68 years hereby apply for membership in this Society by right of lineal descent in the following line from Benjamin Du Bois, Private, Second Battalion New Jersey Militia, who was born in Salem County, New Jersey on the 7th day of January 1755 and died in ____, __ on the __ day of ___ 1796 and who assisted in establishing American Independence.
I was born in Liberty County of Union State of Indiana on the 29th day of January 1859.
(1) I am the son John Beard born 10-15-1813, died 8-28-1893, and
his wife Catherine (Du Bois) Beard born 11-12-1818, died 9-6-1893, married 5-26-1836
(2) grandson of Alexander Du Bois born 5-24-1783, died 4-20-1864 [Transcriber's note: date conflicts with tombstone date], and his wife Hannah (Mullin) Du Bois born 10-11-1796, died 5-20-1864, married 1813
(3) great-grandson of Benjamin Du Bois born 1755, died 1796, and
his wife Mary (Robinson) Du Bois born ___, died ____, married 5-29-1776
AND HE, THE SAID Benjamin Du Bois (No. 3) is the ancestor who assisted in establishing American Independence, while acting in the capacity of ____.
Enlisted as Private in Captain Newkirk's Company, Salem County, New Jersey Militia.
- Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls. Volume 221.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)