Location: Marion County, Tennessee, United States
Transcription of the Deed Transaction of James Jackson to J. J. Brown recorded on May 13th, 1859
- The goal is to transcribe the document perfectly as written, spelling and grammatical errors included. To denote an abnormal spelling with an accurate transcription, use directly [sic] after the abnormality.
- If you can't understand a word or phrase is, type [illegible] after it or in its place.
- The transcription is based off of a typed document. It is unclear if this was the original or itself a transcription.
- Marion County Court Records Free Space
- Link to original (typed) document.
- Transcribed by Dominikus on 20 Aug 2019
State of Tennessee, Marion County.
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS, that I, Abraham Wooten have this day bargained and sold, and do bargain, sell and convey unto James Jackson, all the interest that I have in the lands belonging to the heirs of John Wooten, except one third which is allowed for the widow of said John Wooten for which the said James Jackson has this day paid to me in hand eighty dollars, September, the 5th, 1856[sic]. Whereunto I set my hand and seal.
Abraham x Wooten (Seal)
In the presence of:
J. J. Brown
J. W. W. McBee
J. G. Hargis
State of Tennessee
Personally appeared before me W. Byrne, Clerk of the County Court for said County, Abraham Wooten, with whom I am personally acquainted, who acknowledged that he executed the foregoing deed of conveyance on the day it bears date, for the purposes therein contained and expressed.
Witness my hand at office in Jasper, this 13th day of May, 1859.
W. Byrne, Clk.
Recd. for registration May 14th, 1859, at 1 Oclock P.M., registered same time.