Location: Marion County, Tennessee, United States
Transcription of the Deed Transaction of James Jackson to J. J. Brown recorded on May 13th, 1859
- The goal is to transcribe the document perfectly as written, spelling and grammatical errors included. To denote an abnormal spelling with an accurate transcription, use directly [sic] after the abnormality.
- If you can't understand a word or phrase is, type [illegible] after it or in its place.
- The transcription is based off of a typed document. It is unclear if this was the original or itself a transcription.
- Marion County Court Records Free Space
- Link to original (typed) document.
- Transcribed by Dominikus on 20 Aug 2019
J. J. Brown
State of Tennessee, Marion County
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS, That I, James Jackson, have this day bargained and sold and do bargain, sell and convey to James J. Brown, all the interest in the lands of John W. Wooten, deceased, transferred from Abraham Wooten to me, which is all of his part of said estate, except one third, which is allowed for the widow of said John Wooten, for which the said James J. Brown has this day paid to me in hand one hundred and twenty five dollars, April the 30th 1858, whereunto I set my hand and affix my seal.
James x Jackson (Seal)
In the presence of:
Churchwell x Jackson
John W. Hargis
State of Tennessee
Personally appeared before me, W. Byrne, Clerk of the County Court for said County, James Jackson, with whom I am personally acquainted, who acknowledged that he executed the foregoing deed of conveyance on the day it bears date for the purposes therein contained and expressed. Witness my hand at office in Jasper, this 13th day of May, 1859.
W. Byrne Clk.
Recd, for registration May 14th, 1859, at 2 Oclock P.M.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)