Welcome - thanks for your interest in the Treat One Name Study.
I am brand new at this, but I have been quietly collecting and trying to improve Treat profiles for the past several years. I am hoping that by expanding the scope and getting more people involved will make even more improvements possible.
Some projects I have been doing on my own that are candidates for expansion:
- Adopting orphan Treat profiles
- Sourcing and connecting Treat profiles
- Trying to confirm the relationship between the Northern Treats (New York, Pennsylvania) and the ones that moved to Arkansas. I know we are connected by DNA.
- Mapping DNA relationships
- Discovering Treat branches in other countries. Seems like Canada and Australia would be prime candidates.
In the long run, I am interested in trying to confirm the relationship between the US Treats and the ancestors documented in the Treat biography and documented here of Wikitree, but I am not an experienced researcher in English genealogy.
If you have comments or suggestions, please let me know. And, if you are interested in this family name, please join the study!