Associated with the DNA project.
Triangulator Badge (Autosomal)
The Triangulator Badge is awarded to WikiTreers who have mastered the complex concept/theory of autosomal DNA triangulation and applied it on WikiTree to mark profiles as "Confirmed with DNA".
To be eligible, the member needs to have added the appropriate citations for each parent-child relationship for three or more distant cousins (beyond 3rd cousins) who share a phased segment measuring 10cM or more back to their shared ancestral couple as explained in the triangulation instructions on DNA Confirmation.
In addition, so that the badge committee can confirm the triangulation:
- all three tests need to be on GEDmatch, and
- all three relationships trails to the common ancestor or common ancestral couple need to be on WikiTree, are sourced and the profiles are set to public family trees.
Requesting the badge
Are you a triangulator? If so you're a valuable contributor to our single family tree project and we thank you for it!
To get the Triangulator badge, please answer this G2G post.
Be sure to include:
- Your WikiTree ID.
- The IDs of profiles in the triangulated group that have been marked as Confirmed with DNA (that they are further than third Cousins) and their GEDMatch ID's
- The WikiTree ID for the MCRA.
- That your Limbs are well sourced.
- That all of your DNA Confirmed Status indicators are correct (Check your Suggestions reports for the 213 and 313)
Information on WikiTree's standard for triangulation can be found on the DNA Confirmation Help Page. (see DNA Confirmation)
- Do you triangulate well? Oct 23, 2017.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.