Location: Tuakau, Waikato, New Zealand
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries New Zealand Tuakau
A free space page for recording details of interments at Tuakau Cemetery.
This cemetery is comprised of two main sections - Tuakau and Tuakau Hill, where the older graves are situated. Further along the road is the Alexandra Redoubt Cemetery.
Tuakau was formerly part of the Auckland region but became part of the Waikato district in 2010.
The cemetery is at Alexandra Redoubt Road, Tuakau. In 2015 the cemetery was considered to be reaching capacity, with new land required to be purchased, however as at 2019 there are still spaces in some areas. The cemetery is now administered by Waikato District Council.
This cemetery is listed on the Waikato District Council website as Tuakau Cemetery, and includes Tuakau Hill Cemetery. There is an additional cemetery further along the same road that is known as Alexandra Redoubt Cemetery - being situated at the Alexandra Redoubt. A separate category and free-space page exist for Alexandra Redoubt Cemetery.
The cemetery site is in a rural setting, on a rolling hill top, and subject to water pooling in some areas during heavy rainfall. There are no formed paths in the main part of the cemetery, but there is a path in the RSA area, and a central path from one of the entrances.
Cemetery "to do" list
Assistance is needed for: -
- photographing headstones and memorials
- tagging photos of headstones and memorials with the cemetery space name
- transcribing memorials (please add the transcription in the comments area for each photo)
- creating profiles for those interred or memorialised at Tuakau (some listed in the table and not yet created) and linking them to the wider tree
- categorising existing profiles of those interred at Tuakau to ensure they appear under the cemetery category
- adding profiles and information to the sortable table of interments
- checking the table for missing information and/or errors
- re-checking the table periodically for new or amended information
- Currently there are 8 entries in the table, 8 profiles are linked, and 7 photos are linked. Irwin-2099 19:44, 29 December 2018 (UTC)
Profiles to be added
- KAIHE, Waimatarangi (Waima) d. 3 Oct 1976 (see headstone image)
- ELLIOTT, Arthur Neil Campbell (see headstone image) 1902-1974
- ELLIOTT, Margaret Clifford (1907-2002) (see headstone image)
- LAPWOOD, Max Eric (see headstone image) died 24 May 1977
The table below is for memorials and interments at Tuakau Cemetery, and can be viewed alphabetically A to Z or Z to A. Please note that not all columns may be sortable. In this table, there is no column for transcriptions. These need to be added to the profile and/or to the photo of the headstone/memorial.
|FAMILY NAME||FORENAMES||BIRTH DATE||DEATH DATE||PHOTO LINK||AGE|
|HYDE||Charles||1830||1901 Aug 22||Charles & Eliza Hyde||71|
|LAPWOOD||Edward Colin||1909 Oct 30||1947 May 21||E C & M G Lapwood||37|
|LAPWOOD||Mavis Georgina||1916 Mar 13||1985 Jan 14||M G & E C Lapwood||68|
|HAYWARD||Claude Neil||1909 Mar 27||1983 Jan 6||Claude & Grace Hayward||73|
|HAYWARD||Minnie Grace||1914 Sep 5||1994 Jun 8||Grace & Claude Hayward||79|
|THORN||Minnie Amelia||1881 Jan 9||1955 May 26||to be uploaded||74|
|LAPWOOD||Norman Bernard||1909 Oct 30||1977 Aug 16||Norman & Gladys Lapwood||67|
|LAPWOOD||Gladys Dorothy||1914 Dec 22||2010 Oct 4||Gladys & Norman Lapwood||95|
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)