Surnames/tags: southern colonies categories
Members of the US Southern Colonies Project Categories Team work to keep the project's categories in good order, error free, and appropriately used. The Categories Team provides guidance for use of the project's categories on the category page or a companion free-space page. The Categories Team works with its consultants and the Categorization Project as needed.
Categories are a fairly complex topic, so no attempt is made to discuss them here.
To learn about the project's use of categories, start here:
- US Southern Colonies Categories describes how categories are used by the US Southern Colonies Project, and provides guidance on their use. See this page for a detailed description of each category type.
- Category:US Southern Colonies Project is the high-level category for project-related Categories and Pages.
- US Southern Colonies Project Maintenance Categories describes the project-specific maintenance categories used to organize the work of project members and others interested in improving the profiles of US Southern Colonists.
- US Southern Colonies Project Maintenance Categories By Team shows the project teams that work each maintenance category. The Categories Team supports these teams by clearing categorization errors and template-related errors.
The Team consists of the Team Leader, Members, and Consultants.
The Team Leader must be a member of the Categorization Project and serves as liaison to that project.
Team Members are encouraged to join the Categorization Project, but it is not a requirement. The Team Leader is available to guide your efforts until you are comfortable working with categories.
Consultants are just that—the Categories Team consults them concerning their area (Team or Group) when a review of categories identifies a problem or a need.
Team Leaders and Project Coordinators are welcome to serve as a Categories Consultant for their team or project, or designate a team or project member. Otherwise, the Team Leader or Project Coordinator will be contacted as needed.
If you wish to be considered for the team, please post a comment to this page, something as simple as "I want to join."
For more information about the team's activities, including more detail about the information on this page, see:
Last reviewed 4 Jan 2023 by the Categories Team.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Ken Spratlin, Scott McClain, Mary Richardson, US Southern Colonies Project WikiTree, and Darlene Athey-Hill. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)