- Daniel Urquhart Male 53 New Brunswick
- Cristy A Urquhart Female 41 New Brunswick
- Margaret Urquhart Female 23 New Brunswick
- Alexander Urquhart Male 21 New Brunswick
- James N Urquhart Male 18 New Brunswick
- Elizabeth Urquhart Female 15 New Brunswick
- John Urquhart Male 13 New Brunswick
- Rebecah Urquhart Female 11 New Brunswick
- June Urquhart Female 9 New Brunswick
- Eliza M Urquhart Female 6 New Brunswick
- Ellen Urquhart Female 4 New Brunswick
No my aunts book is not online, but here is the information from family submissions that went into the Nashwaak Bicentennial files, placed at the Provincial Archives, its the information she used.. Also Urquhart information, from First Families of New Brunswick regarding the Urquharts on the New Brunswick Genealogical site.. First families is on line but its a paid Copyright site. First Families was put together by Bob Fellows, I knew him and we often met a the archives in the old days, or at fairs introducing people to history. He gave me a copy on disk, just asked that I use it as research but not reproduce it. You will see that he references my research “Saint Mary’s families” as a source on some of his research. He gave his work to the New Brunswick genealogical association and they now have it as Copyright. Bob was employed fulltime at the Archives for years, he was a great resource for me. The Urquhart’s are not my line but I lived next door to them, Bert and Maggie Urquhart. Lloyd Urquhart was a friend of my dads. Lloyds brother died in WW2 and was lost at sea. I have his story now on Wiki. The source for the ship Story comes from the lone survivor Ex-Stoker Bill Fisher. So here is some info. Happy reading.
Information from Nashwaak files, family submissions. Nashwaak Bicentennial Association New Brunswick Provincial Archives MC315
Came in 1784. Brother of John Urquhart. Daniel married Jane.
Residence: St. Mary's 1810
URQUHART, DANIEL NOV.25,1816-1900
S/O Alexander Urquhart and Margaret Ross. He married Sept.30,1847 Christianna MacNabb 1830-Sept.1,1907 d/o Alexander MacNabb and Elizabeth MacKenzie.
Residence: Nashwaak Bridge
1. Margaret Ann 1849- md Alexander Coughlan
2. Alexander Feb.4,1850- md Annie Grover
3. James MacNabb 1854- md Nancy Coughlan
4. Elizabeth Apr.15,1956- md lived in New Orleans
5. John Aug.23,1858-1928 md Aug.17,1892 Margaret Young Stewart
6. Rebecca Ann Sept.6,1860- md William Fraser
7. Catherine Jane Oct.27,1862- died as a teenager from T.B.
8. Maria Eliza Antinett July 3,1865- md George Clarey
9. Ellen 1867- md Stephen Luther Bubar
Maud Fraser 1878- and Maggie Fraser 1879- both here in 1881
Ref: Nashwaak Families, Bubar history,1861/81 census
URQUHART, DANIEL 1828-
Servant for James Young in 1851
Ref: 1851 census
URQUHART, JAMES MAY 25,1812-1880
S/O Alexander Urquhart and Margaret Ross. He married Margaret MacBean Jan.18,1825-1904 d/o Margaret MacLaggan and John MacBean.
1. Angus Nov.30,1845-Dec.25,1918 md Susan Waltman
2. Marjorie Ann Feb.21,1847-1931 never married
3. Margaret Jane June 29,1849-1937 md Charles Brown
4. Elizabeth Helen Dec.22,1854-1927 md James Bell
5. John Alexander Sept.28,1856-1942 md Isobel Fraser
John inherited 1/3 of his fathers farm he sold it to his brother Angus who had inherited the other 2/3's and moved to Vancouver in 1908.
Ref: 1871/81 census, news clips.
URQUHART, JAMES PETER 1883-1967
S/O Angus MacBean Urquhart and Susan Waltman. He married Maria Clark 1888-1950 d/o Ann MacDonald and James W. Clark.
1. Angus James May 11,1913- md Florence Elder
2. Blanchard Peter Eldon Jan.6,1917- md Dec.8,1938 Alice Waud
URQUHART, JAMES 1937-
S/O Angus Urquhart and Florence Elder. He married Pauline Ross
1. James Randy 1965- md 1996 Caroline Wall
2. Pamela 1973-
3. Susan 1976-
4. Kim 1979
URQUHART, JOHN O. 1833-
Scotch. Married Elizabeth 1838-
1. Fanny B. 1866-
2. John W. 1868-
3. Duncan July 1870-
Ref: 1871 census
URQUHART, JOHN 1858-1972
S/O Christine MMcNabb and Daniel Urquhart. He married on Aug.17,1892 Margaret Young Stewart 1862-1944 d/o Anna R. Lyons and James W. Stewart.
Residence: Nashwaak Bridge
1. Chester W. 1893-1972 md Salomie MacDonald no issue
2. Lina Elizabeth 1896- md Harry Nason
3. John Quincy Adams 1898-1978 md Roberta Mae Craig
4. Ellen Marguerita [Dot] md Sept.20,1920 Leonard E. Poore
URQUHART, JOHN ALEXANDER SEPT.28,1858-
S/O John A. Urquhart and Margaret MacBean. He mmarried Isobel Fraser 1861- d/o William Fraser and Ann Ross
Residence: Nashwaak Bridge, they moved in 1908 to Vancouver,B.C.
1. Violet 1890- md Darling
2. Ethel May Nov.7,1887- md Dunn
3. Annie Stella Sept.25,1891- never mmarried
4. Lyle Leland Aug.20,1896- md Olive P. Ewery
URQUHART, NATHANIEL 1823-1920
He married Sarah Young 1820- d/o James Young and Jane Murray.
1. John Y. 1841-
2. James W. 1844-9 Feb. 1920 md Hannah Martha Atherton
3. Marjorie Jane 1847-
4. Isabella 1850-
5. Mary E. 1853- md William John Waltmman
6. Sarah A. 1855-
7. Esther 1857-
8. Nathaniel 1860-
Ref: 1851/61 census
URQUHART, WILLIAM A. DEC.21,1886-DEC.25,1958
S/O Angus Urquhart and Susan Waltman. He married Louise H. Fraser June 1, 1888-Aug. 19,1972 d/o Catherine MacKenzie and Albert Fraser.
1. Jean Marguerite Feb.28,1912- md Ross Dorcas 1914-
2. Ella Walker Jan.17,1914- md Gordon Lovely
3. William Everett Oct.31,1921-twin md Phyllis Haines
4. Fraser Irvine Oct. 31,1921- twin md Eula Haines
William and Fraser jointly inherited thier fathers property in Taymouth.
Ref: Ina MacLaggan
From First Families of New Brunswick COPYRIGHT: The material displayed in First Families is owned by the New Brunswick Genealogical Society Inc. and may not be displayed or reproduced in any way, in whole or in part, without the consent of the New Brunswick Genealogical Society Inc.
URQUHART: Alexander Urquhart born 25 Apr 1778 in Croy & Dalcross Parish, Inverness, Scotland, died on 29 Dec 1856, s/o Donald Urquhart and Elizabeth McIntosh of Scotland and of Nashwaak, Saint Marys Parish, York County, NB: Alexander m. (1st) 15 Oct 1805 in York County, NB, Margaret Ross born 10 Sep 1787, died 3 Feb 1819: had seven children: m. (2nd) 3 Dec 1822 Sataria Young born 26 Mar 1787, d. 11 May 1839: had one daughter: settled in Saint Marys Parish, York County:
Children of first wife:
1) Jane Urquhart b. 17 Feb 1806, m. 1 Apr 1824 Robert Munro:
2) Margery Urquhart born 14 Dec 1808, married David Moores:
3) Ann Urquhart b. 13 Jun 1810, d. 1836, m. 13 Oct 1825 in York County, John Sutherland: had three children:
4) James Urquhart b. 25 May 1812, d. 1880, married 19 Jul 1842 Margaret McBean b. 18 Jan 1825, died 19 Mar 1904: settled at Taymouth, Saint Marys Parish: had five children:
5) Christina Urquhart b. 28 Apr 1814:
6) Daniel Urquhart born 25 Nov 1816, d. 18 Jun 1900, married 1 Oct 1847 Christianna McNabb b. c1825, d. 1 Sep 1907: settled in Saint Marys Parish and had six children:
7) Margaret Urquhart b. 28 Jan 1819, m. 1 Nov 1840 Stephen Mitchell born at Miramichi, Northumberland County, NB:
Child by second wife:
8) Sarah E. Urquhart b. 3 Jun 1829, m. Thomas Pidgeon: had four children.
Source: MC80/2907 Mrs. Verna E. Urquhart’s Descendants of John Urquhart 1705-2001, 275 pages.
Donald Urquhart URQUHART: Donald Urquhart b. 30 Sep 1739 in Croy & Dalcross Parish, Inverness, Scotland, died c1824, s/o John Urquhart and Isabel McIntosh: m. c1774 Elizabeth McIntosh b. 22 Jun 1745 in Croy & Dalcross Parish, d. after 1784: he served in the 42nd Highland Regt: came to NB in 1783 as Loyalists and settled at Nashwaak, Saint Marys Parish, York County:
1) Isabel Urquhart b. 18 Sep 1774:
2) James Urquhart b. 1 Apr 1776: remained in Scotland:
3) Alexander Urquhart b. 25 Apr 1778 in Croy, Inverness, died 29 Dec 1856, m. (1st) 15 Oct 1805 in York County, NB, Margaret Ross born 10 Sep 1787, died 3 Feb 1819: had seven children: m. (2nd) 3 Dec 1822 Sataria Young born 26 Mar 1787, d. 11 May 1839: had one daughter: settled in Saint Marys Parish, York County:
4) Margaret Urquhart b. 31 May 1780, d. c1783:
5) Sarah Urquhart b. 21 Jul 1782 in Petty Parish, Inverness, Scotland:
6) Margaret Urquhart b. 30 Jan 1784 in Petty Parish.
Sources: MC80/1214 Ina MacLaggan et. al. Nashwaak families 1785-1885, pages 127-128: see also MC315 Nashwaak Bicentennial Association fonds, MS13/14 Urquhart 1782-1979, 2 pages, MS16/30, 1 page: see MC80/2907 Mrs. Verna E. Urquhart’s Descendants of John Urquhart 1705-2001, 275 pgs: Donald came to NB with his brother John Urquhart.
URQUHART: John Urquhart born c1745 in Cromarty Parish, Ross-shire, Scotland, died 1814, s/o William Urquhart and Ann Macky: they came from Ellsworth, ME to NB in 1802 and settled at Moorefield in Newcastle Parish, Northumberland County: he was a Presbyterian minister: m. (1st) in Scotland, Jane - : married (2nd) 7 Oct 1776 at Bristol, Lincoln County, ME, Mary McIntyre born c1756 in Warren, ME, d. c1832 at Newcastle, NB, d/o John McIntyre:
Children are listed in an estimated order:
1) William Urquhart b. 1777 Warren, ME, d. after 1861, married before 1800 Margaret Milligan born 1777, d. 21 Dec 1866 at Tabusintac, Alnwick Parish, Northumberland County: had six children:
2) Jane Urquhart b. 1780 at Warren, ME, d. 13 Aug 1865, m. c1804 William Loggie b. 24 Jan 1778 Bawds, Speymouth, Elgin County, Scotland, d. 16 Nov 1844, s/o Robert Loggie and Margery Hay: family settled at Burnt Church in Alnwick Parish: had nine children:
3) Ann Urquhart b. c1782 in Maine, m. William John Taylor b. 1761, d. 26 Jul 1814 on the Miramichi River, s/o Alexander Taylor: they had a daughter:
4) Catherine Urquhart born c1783 at Warren, ME, d. 17 May 1866 at Lower Bedeque, Prince County, PEI: she married Major Hooper of PEI, born 1764 at Windsor, Middlesex County, NJ and died 24 Feb 1838 at Lower Bedeque, PEI:
5) Charity Urquhart b. c1784 in Maine, d. 31 Dec 1871 at Irishtown, Queens County, PEI, m. 1802 Archibald Campbell b. 1779 Park Corner, PEI, died 10 Dec 1861 at Irishtown, PEI:
6) Sarah Urquhart born c1786 in Maine, died 30 Sep 1843 at Campbellton in Restigouche County, NB, m. c1800 John Alexander Campbell born 1778 at Park Corner, Queens County, PEI, d. 29 Oct 1856 at Dalhousie in Restigouche County, NB:
7) Mary Urquhart born 25 Aug 1790 in Ellsworth, Maine, died Nov 1873 at Chelsea, MA, married 6 Oct 1811 on PEI, James Donaldson b. 6 Jul 1781 at Banffshire, Scotland, died 4 Feb 1863 at Milo, ME, s/o Thomas Donaldson and Elspet McIntosh:
8) Betsey Urquhart b. c1790 in Ellsworth, ME, died 1826, married William Nesmith:
9) Lewis Urquhart b. after 1790 in Ellsworth, ME, d. c1850, m. 6 Mar 1815 in Northumberland County, Ann Harris b. - , died 1/31 Jul 1885 at Rosebank, Newcastle Parish, Northumberland County: had four children:
10) John R. Urquhart born 1797 in Ellsworth, ME, died 15 Feb 1874/79 at Newcastle, NB, m. (1st) on 18 Jul 1823 in Northumberland County, Elizabeth Michael Roy born 1787, died 16 Nov 1823, m. (2nd) 8 Dec 1830 at Newcastle, Janet McKinnon b. c 1811 or c1819 Edinburgh or Gormack, Scotland: came to NB in 1828, d. 26 May 1883 at Newcastle, NB: settled at Nordin, Newcastle Parish and had eight children:
11) Edmond F. Urquhart b. 24 May 1799 at Ellsworth, ME, d. 12 Oct 1865, married 19 Jan 1824 in Northumberland County, Elizabeth Hinds born 19 Jun 1804 in Liverpool, England: she came to NB in 1820: d. 24 May 1885: settled at Rosebank, NB.
Sources: MC1/Urquhart #2, 16 pages: contains a report Urquhart genealogy – first compilation – 7 March 1981: see also MC80/2001 Marguerite Holmes’ Warman families from Kent, England to Kent, Canada to Aroostook County, Maine, pages 26-27: see also MC80/773 Jane L. Webster’s Descendants of Rev. John Urquhart of Scotland, Maine, USA, Prince Edward Island and Moorefield, New Brunswick, on the Miramichi River: see also MC80/2354 Saint John Branch, NBGS: Arrivals 99: our first families in New Brunswick, page 278: the order of the children differs among sources: see also MC80/2922 Mora Urquhart Mackay Cairns’ The Reverend John Urquhart’s daughter, Jane Urquhart and William Loggie, 150 pages: see also MC80/2921 Mora Urquhart Mackay Cairns’ The Reverend John Urquhart’s daughter, Ann Urquhart and William John Taylor, 30 pages: see also MC80/2922 Mora Urquhart Mackay Cairns’ John R. Urquhart 1797-1879, 25 pages.
URQUHART: John or Daniel Urquhart b. 25 Dec 1743 in Croy & Dalcross Parish, Inverness, Scotland, s/o John Urquhart and Isabel McIntosh: married Jane - : family came to NB in 1783 as Loyalists and settled in Kars Parish, Kings County:
1) William Urquhart b. 8 Aug 1779, d. 29 Mar 1854 in Springfield, Kings County, m. 12 Jan 1802 in Westfield, Kings County, Mary Adams b. 27 Apr 1784, d. 9 Sep 1856 in Kars Parish, Kings County, d/o Nathaniel Adams and Esther Fowler: they settled in Kars Parish and had ten children:
2) Daniel Urquhart b. 14 Nov 1783 in Greenwich Parish, Kings County, died 19 Feb 1859, m. (1st) 19 Sep 1807 Elizabeth Adams b. 17 Jul 1789, d. 14 Nov 1825, d/o Nathaniel Adams and Esther Fowler: had eight children: married (2nd) 20 Mar 1827 Patience Bardsley born 1803, died 6 Oct 1855: they had ten children: settled in Greenwich Parish.
Source: MC80/2354 Saint John Branch, NBGS: Arrivals 99: our first families in New Brunswick, pgs. 277-278: John Urquhart came to NB in 1783 with his brother Donald Urquhart who settled on the Nashwaak River in Saint Marys Parish, York County: see MC80/2907 Mrs. Verna E. Urquhart’s Descendants of John Urquhart 1705-2001, 275 pages.
URQUHART: John Ross Urquhart born c1797 in Ellsworth, ME, d. 15 Feb 1874 at Newcastle, NB, s/o John Urquhart and Mary McIntyre: came to NB 1802 with parents: later settled at Nordin, Newcastle Parish, Northumberland County: m. (1st) 18 Jul 1823 in Northumberland County, Elizabeth Michael Roy born 1787, died 16 Nov 1823: no issue: m. (2nd) 8 Dec 1830 at Newcastle, Janet McKinnon born c1811 at Edinburgh or Gormack, Scotland, d. 26 May 1883 at Newcastle, NB: she came to NB in 1828:
Children of second wife:
1) John Oughterson Urquhart born 11 Sep 1832 in Northumberland County, d. 20 Nov 1908 at Chatham, NB, married (1st) 28 Jun 1861 in Northumberland County, Elizabeth McTavish b. 7 Mar 1838, d. 15 Feb 1879 Northumberland County, d/o Duncan McTavish: had seven children: married (2nd) 3 Nov 1881 Margaret Ritchie b. 14 Apr 1838, d. 13 Apr 1920 in Chatham, NB: settled in Newcastle, NB:
2) William Loggie Urquhart b. 23 Jul 1834 at Miramichi, NB, 1905: settled at Seattle, WA:
3) James Lyon Urquhart b. 8 Aug 1836, d. 15 Sep 1915, m. 15 Dec 1862 on Little North West Miramichi, Susan Allison of Wayerton, born 28 May 1845, d. 11 Feb 1932, d/o William Allison and Susannah Kingston: they settled at Wayerton, Northesk Parish, Northumberland County and had issue:
4) Mary Urquhart was born 2 Feb 1839 at Miramichi, NB, died 12 Aug 1858 at Douglastown, NB:
5) Janet Urquhart b. 21 Aug 1841, d. 10 Sep 1895, m. 23 Jan 1871 Charles Crammond b. 20 Dec 1839, d. 29 Mar 1916, s/o Charles Crammond (1787-1867) and Elopet Ross (1795-1883): settled at Newcastle, NB and had issue:
6) Alexander Rankin Urquhart b. 5 May 1844 at Miramichi, NB, d. c1933, m. after 1871 Jane Campbell: settled in Marinette, WI: had issue:
7) Robert Harvey Urquhart born 8 Jun 1846 at Miramichi, NB, died 1916 in California, USA:
8) Duncan Urquhart b. 1848 at Miramichi, NB, d. 13 Oct 1863 at Miramichi:
9) Major Hooper Urquhart b. 24 Oct 1850 at Miramichi, NB, d. after 1871 in Kamloops, BC.
Source: MC80/2922 Mora Urquhart Mackay Cairns’ John R. Urquhart 1797-1879, 25 pages.
Citing this Record "Canada Census, 1871," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M4MZ-NHD : 24 October 2018), Daniel Urquhart, Saint Marys, York, New Brunswick, Canada; citing 1871; citing National Archives of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario.
Citing this Record "Recensement du Canada de 1911," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QV9R-SW8J : 16 March 2018), John Urquhart, 1911; citing Census, York Sub-Districts 1-38, New Brunswick, Canada, Library and Archives of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario; FHL microfilm 2,417,680.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)