|Kongl. Wermlands Fältjägare|
The Royal Wermland Rifle Batallion was an elite unit within the swedish army and excisted between the years of 1789 and 1902. The club of Wermlands Fältjägare reenact the napoleonic era. The uniform is the model 1806. The battalion took part in fighting in Norway and Germany, where Leipzig are the most famous one. Many of the soldiers came from the ethnic forrest finn- minority of the western province of Wermland. The regiment took part in the 1809 coup de etat conducted against the swedish king Gustav IV Adolf, this later on led to the instalment of the royal house of Bernadotte.
See also swedish page Historien om Värmlands Fältjägare - Ett elitförband i svenska armén
A short translation:
1788 aug 23 the king ordered that “Värmlands Fältjägare” shall be created with 600 people on the Norwegian border. Research in the military rolls tells us that most of the soldiers came from the area where the Wikipedia:Forest_Finns people lived. There were many Finns in Värmland at that time.
1801 they are moved to Gothenburg
1806 aug 23 Part of the international army is defeated and the Swedish part leaves Lauenburg for Stralsund
1807 the Swedish troops in Stralsund are attacked
1807 sep 27 the Swedish troops from Värmland leave Stralsund
1808 apr 15 fights in Värmland with Norway
1808 apr 18 battle at Lier, Norway
1809 mar 9 the regiment received orders to leave for Stockholm from Karlstad. The plan was to to overthrow King Gustav IV Adolf - Coup of 1809. Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden inability kept Sweden falling apart and that the great powers sought to divide Sweden among themselves. It had been decided in Congress of Erfurt in 1808 that Russia would take the northern part of Sweden, including Finland, right down to the Motala River, while Denmark had the remaining southern part, including the former Danish provinces of Skåne, Blekinge and Halland, and there this Norwegian landscape Bohuslan.
- Map Hans Högman Svenska Pommern, 1700-tal
- Närke Värmlands regemente Hans Högman
- Anteckningar rörande svenska regementernas historia / 381 - 1866 - N:o 26. Kongl. Vermlands Fältjägare-Regemente
- VärmlandsAnor nr 1995:1 Fältjägaren Frid var min farfars far
- Värmlands fältjägare - Britt Bragée
- Arkivcentrums forskarblad Nr 10 Forska om soldater
- Facebook Kongl. Wermlands Fältjägare
- Book: Anteckningar om Värmlands fältjägare D. 1, Åren 1788-1814
- ↑ Historien om Värmlands Fältjägare - Ett elitförband i svenska armén
- ↑ Generalmönsterrullor - Värmlands fältjägarregemente (S) 590 (1790-1793) Image 76 / page 143 (AID: v60375.b76.s143, NAD: SE/KrA/0023)
- 1790 sep 28
- ↑ Generalmönsterrullor - Värmlands fältjägarregemente (S) 590 (1790-1793) Image 135 / page 1 (AID: v60375.b135.s1, NAD: SE/KrA/0023)