Location: Storkyrkoförsamlingen, Stockholm, Sverige
Surnames/tags: Lohrman von der Linde
von der Lindeska huset
Västerlånggatan 68, aka von der Lindeska huset, is today situated in the block known as Typhon 2. and was built in the 1620s by the merchant Erik Larsson, later ennobled with the name von der Linde.
The earliest known owner of the plot where Västerlånggatan 68 lies today was Lars Lelius who died around 1603. His wife's brother-in-law Jacob Lohrman bought a part in the house that stood there and his son-in-law Erik Larsson acquired the whole estate through purchase and inheritance in 1616. There were both a Stonehouse and shops. In 1625 the area was demolished by a great fire after which more land was acquired through the purchase of land belonging to Daniel Sleman. Erik got permission from the king in 1626 to bring in German brick-layers, masons, carpenters, wood carvers and other craftsmen to build his new house. He had spent several years on the continent, in countries like Holland, England, and Spain, from where he certainly got inspiration for his house in Stockholm.
The building was one of the first of its kind in Stockholm, a palace, with a richly decorated facade in a German-Dutch style. The bricks were visible, inverts and the corners, among other areas, were covered with brownstone from Gotland. The capstones above the windows facing Västerlånggatan are all shaped very figurative. There are five windows, the three in the middle have capstones shaped like angels and they are positioned to guard the entrance, while the ones on the ends are definitely not angles and are facing the street. The southern capstone is a man's head, ugly and making a face. The northern one is a woman's face, peaceful and elegant. Perhaps they depict the owner and his wife.
A couple of old cellars along Västrerlånggatan were still intact and incorporated into the new building. The main part of the building faced Västerlånggatan and was restricted to the north and south by older alleys. The south alley was purchased by von der Linde in 1634. A connection was built over the alley to connect number 68 and 70 to the south.
The original house was three stories high towards Västerlånggatan, with three stories of attics under the slanting roof. A wing, one story lower than the main part of the house, went down towards the harbor. The wing was added onto so in 1650 it reached its current position, reaching all the way out to the Kornhamn square, with its distinctive bay window. The bay window may first have been on the short version of the wing and was perhaps first a balcony. The four male figures that support it from beneath belong more to the 1620s than the 1650s era. This would have made the facade facing Mälaren a fascinating sight.
It is believed that the house facing Kornhamnstorget was built in the 1680s and the large plot was divided in two around 1715, cutting straight through the old wing, forming number 58 (today's Västerlånggatan 68, Typhon 2) and 87 (Typhon 17) in the towns southern block.
In 1763 Johan Henric Schmeer, the current owner, asked for permission to alter the roof from the original saddle roof to a more modern one. Some stairs were changed as well, from wooden ones to stone.
Interior alterations were made in 1843. Walls were set up, dividing the open airy rooms into several smaller ones.
In 1862 more renovations were made. This time the large, old windows facing the street on the first floor were exchanged with two openings.
Reconstructions to turn the exterior of the house back to its original looks were started on in 1906.
With the new owners in the 1940s restoration on the facade and the entry were made.
- In 1635 the French diplomat Charles Ogier visited von der Linderska and wrote that it was the "most distinguished house" in the city, filled with excellent paintings and sculptures, all war bounty from the German states.
- 1616 - 1636 Erik von der Linde
- 1636 - 1640 Gabriel Gustavsson Oxenstierna (1587-1640)
- 1640 - 1646 Gabriel Gabrielsson Oxenstierna (1618-1647)
- 1646 - 1646 Queen Kristina
- 1646 - 1653 Gustav Gustavsson av Wasaborg, the queens half brother who had gotten it as a gift from his sister.
- 1653 - 1682 the Vasaborg family
- 1682 - Johan Scharenberg
- - 1712 Catharina, Scharenberg's widow
- 1712 - 1727 Christopher Scharenberg
- 1727 - Margareta, widow after Mikael Svenner
- 1763 Johan Hernic Schmeer
- 1940s the lawyer firm Percy Ahnhem
- 1975 - the Master Mason Office of Stockholm
- Bengtsson, L. (1991) Erik Larsson och Vendela Lohrman i von der Lindeska huset, Stockholms stadsmuseum, retrieved May 19, 2019 through Stockholmskällan
- Von der Lindeska huset. (2017, februari 28). Wikipedia, . Hämtad 08.30, maj 19, 2019 från //sv.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Von_der_Lindeska_huset&oldid=39290656.
- Murmestare Embetets Hus