Location: Stopsley, Luton, Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Surnames/tags: cemeteries Bedfordshire
The Vale Cemetery & Crematorium opened in 1959. A new cemetery extension was opened in 2015, at which time an archaeological dig revealed evidence of an early iron age settlement and cremation. The Cemetery and Crematorium are still in use today. (2021)
Cemetery name: Vale Cemetery and Crematorium; (also known as 'The Vale Crem.' 'Butterfield Cemetery', 'Luton Cemetery and Crematorium').
Address: Butterfield Green Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU2 8DD
GPS Coordinates: 51.9070900, -0.3924930
John Clements G.C. (1953-1976) was awarded the George Cross posthumously following his acts of courage and gallantry in circumstance of extreme danger. The George Cross (GC) is the highest award in the UK honours system that can bestowed by the British government for civilians.
- See the Vale Cemetery & Crematorium category for profiles of those who have been documented at this cemetery.
- Vale Cemetery and Crematorium on FindAGrave
- New Cemetery Mar 23, 2021.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)