The following template will be used to indicated profiles under current review by the Venable Name Study.
How to Join
Please contact the project leader Jeff Venable or leave a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname: Venable. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect. Please contact the project leader, add categories to your profiles, add your questions to the bulletin board, add details of your name research, etc.
Notable and Famous Venable Family
Nathaniel E Venable (1733–1804)--Birthplace of Hampden Sydney College
John Venable (Captain) (1739-1811)- Patrick Henry defended him against John Hook
John Moorman Venable (Capt) (1827-1910)-1st person that Dr Crawford Long operated on using ether
Abraham Bedford Venable (1758 - 1811)-died in the infamous Richmond Theatre fire
Charles Scott Venable (1827 - 1900)-Aide De Camp for Robert E Lee
Willis Erwin Venable (1842-1920)-He once owned the patent for Coca Cola and was first sold at his soda shop
The Venable Brothers was a business venture formed by brothers William Hoyt Venable (1852–1905) and Samuel Hoyt Venable (1856–1939) in DeKalb County, Georgia. The Venables bought Stone Mountain in 1887 for $48,000.
- Some Venables of England and America And Brief Accounts of Families Into Which Certain Venables Married
Abraham Venable I (1662-1710)
- How do I create a DNA page not a category linked to my one name study? Jun 9, 2019.
- How do I change the image in a ONS template? Nov 23, 2018.
- How do I add someone to a one name study I manage? Jan 8, 2018.
- Got Venable ancestors? Join the new Venable Surname Project Jan 8, 2018.