Surnames/tags: volcik wolcik one_name_studies
About the ProjectThe Volcik (Volčík) Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Volcik name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Volcik name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Volcik's), by time period (18th Century Volcik's), or by topic (Volcik DNA, Volcik Occupations, Volcik Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
- The first recorded instance of the surname that can be found is in 1728 for the baptism of Adama Volčík of Kurima, Giraltovce, Slovakia. In this record, there is also the mention of the Adama's father, Joanne Volčík.
- On 2 Apr 1812, another baptism record appears for Joannes Volčík in Haligovce, Stará Ľubovňa, Slovakia, to father Adalbertus Volčík, then on 18 Aug 1821, the baptism of Michael Volčík and his father Joan Volčík, and on 19 Jun 1881 the baptism of Gustav Jozsef Volčík and his father Gyorgy Volčíkin Mindszent, Miskolcz, Borsod, Hungary.
How to Join
To join the Volcik Name Study, first start out by browsing our current Research Pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific Research Page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
- Volcik Raw Data contains raw transcription data for all occurrences of the Volcik surname
- Surname Distribution and Facts
- Volcik's of North America
- Volcik Interments in the United States
- Steve Harris - I am interested in the Volcik's of Texas and tracing those family lines back to Austria-Hungary in the Lands of the Bohemian Crown. I am hoping that this research will help me break down one of my brick walls - Josef Volčík.
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- ↑ Slovakia Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1935, database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V1QR-641 : 23 July 2017), Adama Volčík, 1728; citing p. , , Baptism, Kurima, Giraltovce, Slovakia, Odbor Archivnictva (The Archives of the Republic), Slovakia; FHL microfilm 1,792,391.
- ↑ Slovakia Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1935, database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KH8X-VDH : 19 July 2017), Joannes Volčík, 02 Apr 1812; citing p. , , Baptism, Haligovce, Stará Ľubovňa, Slovakia, Odbor Archivnictva (The Archives of the Republic), Slovakia; FHL microfilm 1,739,090.
- ↑ Slovakia Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1935, database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KZRP-XTV : 8 November 2017), Michael Volčík, 18 Aug 1821; citing p. , , Baptism, Veľký Lipník, Stará Ľubovňa, Slovakia, Odbor Archivnictva (The Archives of the Republic), Slovakia; FHL microfilm 1,791,934.
- #OneNameTuesday showcase: Volcik Name Study May 24, 2022.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Steven Harris and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)