Location: At Sea
- Historical Vessel. , Rig: Barque, Built In: Greenock, Built:1837, Built By:Robert Steele & Co.
- Year of build: 1838
- Gross Register Tonnage: 428
- Port belonging to: Glasgow
- Year of ship completion: 1838
To South Australia
- 1839 'SHIP NEWS.', The Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser (NSW : 1803 - 1842), 1 October, p. 2. , viewed 18 Jan 2022, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article2536615
- SHIP NEWS.
- SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
- Aug. 13 -Arrived the Ariadne, barque, 501 tons, Captain George M'Leod, with passengers and general cargo. To sail for Calcutta, via Port Phillip and Sydney, early in the present month.
- Passenger List: South Australia
- 1839 'SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE.', Port Phillip Gazette (Vic. : 1838 - 1845), Saturday, 21 September, p. 5. , viewed 18 Jan 2022, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article225007847
- On Friday, the Ariadne, M'Leod, having sailed from Greenock 6th April, and from Adelaide 9th September. Cabin passengers, Mr. and Mrs. Eddington and three children, Mrs. Blair, Miss Eddington, Dr. and Mrs. Irvine and child, Mr. Smyth. Intermediate, Mr and Mrs King and child, Messrs Murray, Adams, Donald Black. Seven in the steerage.
To New South Wales
- NRS5316/4_4784/Ariadne_29 Sep 1839/ from the New South Wales State Archives & Records: Assisted Immigrants (digital) Shipping Lists at: https://indexes.records.nsw.gov.au/ebook/list.aspx?series=NRS5316&item=4_4784&ship=Ariadne
- 1839 'SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE.', The Sydney Herald (NSW : 1831 - 1842), 30 September, p. 2. , viewed 18 Jan 2022, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article28653758
- From Greenock, via Adelaide and Port Phillip yesterday, having left the former Port the 11th April, Adelaide the 10th instant, and the latter Port the 24th instant, the barque Ariadne, Captain M'Leod, with merchandise. Passengers, Mr. Martin Mr. M'Kenzie, Mr. Black, Mr. and Mrs. Murray Mr. H. D. Murray, Mr. Andrew Murray, Mr. M'Killop, Mr. Fletcher, and seven in the steerage.
- 1839 'SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE.', The Sydney Herald (NSW : 1831 - 1842), 11 October, p. 2. , viewed 18 Jan 2022, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article12863591
- For Calcutta yesterday the barque Ariadne, Captain McLeod in ballast.