Location: Port Jackson, New South Wales, Australia
Surnames/tags: Immigration Australia
The barque, "Resource", sailed from London on the 15th February 1837 to Port Jackson, arriving on 24th June 1937. It carried 33 immigrants, of which 16 received assistance from the Government.
- The Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser (NSW : 1803 - 1842), Tue 27 Jun 1837, Page 2, SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE.
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE
- From London, same day, whence she sailed the 15th February, the barque Resource. Captain Poole with merchandise. Passengers, Mr. and Mrs. Betts, Misses Sarah, Mary, and Ann Betts, F. C. Waldron, Esq., Mr. James Guthrie. Mr. Benjamin Coulson, Mr. Joseph Lewis, Mr. George Ireland, Mr.and Mrs Reynard and 6 children, Mr. and Mrs, Welch and 1 child, Mrs. Edmonstone and 2 children, Mr. and Mrs. Whitehead. Mr. and Mrs. Rayner, Mr. and Mrs Trumper, Mr. Nathaniel Hollingsworth. From Newcastle, on Sunday last, the steamers Sophia Jane aud Tamar.
- The Sydney Monitor (NSW : 1828 - 1838), Fri 21 Jul 1837, Page 2, SITUATION OF SHIPPING IN THE HARBOUR OF PORT JACKSON.
- SITUATION OF SHIPPING IN THE HARBOUR OF PORT JACKSON
- RESOURCE, bark, Boyle, master, Hughes and Hosking, agents; at Long's wharf refitting..
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Ship List 1837
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 1837 'SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE.', The Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser (NSW : 1803 - 1842), 27 June, p. 2. , viewed 13 Feb 2022, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article2211634
- ↑ 1837 'SITUATION OF SHIPPING IN THE HARBOUR OF PORT JACKSON.', The Sydney Monitor (NSW : 1828 - 1838), 21 July, p. 2. (EVENING), viewed 11 Dec 2021, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article32156704
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)