- This project uses FamilyTree DNA and welcomes all direct male line WIGHT descendants to test, preferably to at least Y-DNA37, but preferably yNDA67, to investigate connections between WIGHT trees and the origins of the surname.
- Those lines without a direct male line to test may gain insight into their family connections by using the FamilyFinder test from FamilyTreeDNA and are also welcome to join.
- Autosomal DNA from other companies needs to be uploaded to GEDmatch for comparisons to be able to be made
- Some background reading on DNA and tests may be found here
- Further information on the WIGHT project may be viewed at:
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)