Wales Project Page > Profile Improvements Team
Welcome to the Wales Project Profile Improvers Team Page
The goal of the Wales Project is to make Welsh profiles the best that they can be. This team is on the front line of the coordinated effort to achieve this through arboring, sourcing, biobuilding, connecting and data-doctoring. Team members are committed to improving Welsh profiles so that they have accurate birth, marriage and death details, well written biographies, are properly sourced and linked to the right parents, spouse and children.
- Arborists Team - Team Leader - TBC
- Bio-builders Team - Team Leader - TBC
- Connectors Team - Team Leader - TBC
- Data Doctors Team - Team Leader - Raewyn Vincent
- Gedcom Team - Team Leader - Raewyn Vincent
- Sourcerers Team - Team Leader - TBC
Profile Improvers Team (PIP)
|Data Doctors Team|
Gedcom Team - works on Gedcom uploads primarily from the early days of Wikitree, to make each Wales profile contained within, as perfect as possible. This will cover all Profile Improvements elements including, but not limited to, connecting, merging of duplicates and untangling troublesome profiles. It is a total Team effort, where collaboration on profiles is encouraged to get the best possible outcome. See the Gedcom Team Page for full details.
Reduce our Unknowns
All data doctors come across profiles where the name is unknown. Help to reduce them by finding the correct last name at birth. See The UNKNOWNS project
You can run a WikiTree+ report to identify orphaned Unknown's for a particular county:
- Open WikiTree+, then click on the Search heading (third from bottom)
- Sort your WikiTree+ report by birth date, set page size to 50, in the text box enter (for example):
- unknown orphan wales
- the easiest ones to work on will be at the bottom of the report
- using marriage, census and birth registrations of the children should enable you to identify the correct LNAB
- adopt the orphaned profile, amend the LNAB, add all the sources that you can, then orphan the profile.
Guidelines for working on the Profile Improvers Teams
Apart from formatting changes, all changes to profiles, including correction of database suggestions, should be based on evidence provided by a relevant primary or acceptable secondary source. Online family trees are not acceptable.
In a situation where an online tree is the only information available to orient to who the person may be, relevant information from the online tree should be added to research notes only with an inline source. This information should not be used to update birth, death or marriage details, or to add to the main part of the biography.
WikiTree Help Resources
- Categorization Help
- Research Note Box Help
- Sources Help
- Free Space Pages for Sources
- Editing Tips
- Adding Links
- Sources Style Guide
- Communication Before Editing
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)