Topics Teams Coordinator: Stuart Awbrey
Definition for Disasters
This definition of A disaster is defined by the Project: Disasters:
- A sudden and unforeseen event which took place over 75 years ago
- An event in which ten or more identifiable people lost their lives
- An event which took place over a short or finite period of time
- An event which took place over a defined area or region or at a particular location
- We do not include events which are of a military, terrorist or criminal nature
Listing a Disaster on This Page
Post below in Comments the link for a proposed new page.
When you create a page for a disaster, please include this coding at the top:
- [[Space:Wales_Topics_Team|Topics Teams]] | [[Space:Wales_Disasters_Team|Wales Disasters Team]]
Types of Disasters
Disasters at Sea
Wales Mining Disasters are managed by Project: Disasters – Wales Mining Disasters Team. This will lead to the individual County pages, such as Monmouthshire Mining Disasters. Creating a new Wales mining disaster page should be coordinated with that team and linked to this page.
List of Wales Mining Disasters This list is part of Project: Disasters. If a Disaster has a page, it will be listed below. Each will link to a Category for that Disaster, where the Profiles will be listed for those individuals we can identify.
- Abertysswg Mine Disaster managed by K (Heenan) Heenan-Davies
- Argoed Hall Mining Disaster 1837 managed by Steve Bartlett
- Bryngwiog Lead Mine Disaster 1862 managed by Steve Bartlett
- Dee Green Colliery Mining Disaster, 1828 managed by Steve Bartlett
- Gethin Colliery Explosion 1862 managed by Frances Weidman
- South Mostyn Colliery Disaster 1861 managed by Steve Bartlett
- Universal Colliery Disaster 1901 managed by Frances Weidman
- Universal Colliery Disaster 1913 (in progress) managed by Jutta Beer
- Abergele Rail Disaster 1868 managed by Steve Bartlett
- Abermule Rail Disaster 1921 managed by Jutta Beer
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Stuart Awbrey and Wales Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)