How to Join
Please contact one of the leaders of the subprojects (listed under Members) and add your name to the list.
Questions? Post to G2G and tag it Walker - or you can contact one of the subproject leaders through private message or posting to their profile.
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
A variety of subprojects which focus on Walkers by location, source, DNA or ...
Walker Lines from Plymouth Colony
- Walker Lines from Plymouth Colony
WALKER R M512 M514 M198 M17 L168 From Lanarkshire Scotland
- Walker DNA, Lanarkshire, Scotland (suggested subproject name)
- Steven Walker, project coordinator
- Focus: To aid persons seeking the WALKER surname in the Lanarkshire Scotland area with YDNA R M512 M514 M198 M17 halpogroup.
- Persons of interest: Robert Walker C1770 Airdrie, Lanarkshire, Scotland. FTDNA Kit No. 323808
Walkers of Colonial Virginia
- Walkers of Colonial Virginia
- Liz Shifflett, project coordinator
- Focus: Walkers who immigrated to or lived in Virginia before 1776.
Walkers of New York
- Walkers of Colonial Virginia
- Linda Snyder, project coordinator
- Focus: Walkers who migrated from England -> Massachusetts -> Vermont -> New York
Walkers of Uri, Switzerland
- Walkers of Uri Switzerland
- Lance Martin, project coordinator
- Focus: Descendents of Peter Walker (ca 1500- )
- Pam Bourke-Shaw
- Pat Credit, leader of Walker Lines from Plymouth Colony
- Lynden Rodriguez, searching out the Christopher Walkers out of Lazonby, Cumberland, England: Christopher Walker III (1675-1710) emigrated to Northumberland, Virginia.
- Liz Shifflett, leader of Walkers of Colonial Virginia
- Steven Walker, leader of WALKER R M512 M514 M198 M17 L168 From Lanarkshire Scotland
- Lance Martin, leader of Walkers of Uri Switzerland
On 23 Sep 2016 C (McKean) M wrote:
On 24 Feb 2014 Steven Walker wrote:
Login to add your own memory.
Images: 2 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 27 Dec 2017 at 01:08 GMT Lance Martin wrote:
On 15 Sep 2017 at 16:28 GMT Jeanne Howell wrote:
On 15 Sep 2017 at 16:11 GMT Jeanne Howell wrote:
On 22 Aug 2017 at 14:59 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
I'll send a trusted list request for this page. Could you be thinking of a name for a space page for your Lanarkshire study? Or would a Category page suffice?
Either way, "WALKER R M512 M514 M198 M17 L168 From Lanarkshire Scotland" is a bit clunky for the name of either, but we need something more specific than Lanarkshire, Scotland, Walker Name Study (which would be the proper style for a location subcategory of the Walker Name Study). Would "Walker DNA, Lanarkshire, Scotland" work for you?
On 12 Jan 2017 at 00:56 GMT Brenda Parker wrote: