A two-page family register is apparently all that remains of the Walter and Margaret (Marshall) Duncan family Bible. A photocopy of the family register was found among the papers of John Bennet George, great-grandson of Walter and Margaret. The fate of the Bible itself is unknown. The photocopy is privately held by Bennet George, Starkville, MS, USA, as of 2017.
The family register includes birth dates and locations for Walter and Margaret, their marriage date and location, and birth dates and locations for all their children. Dates included range from 1834 to 1912.
- Walter Davidson Duncan, Born 2nd January 1834
- Margaret Marshall, Born 17th August 1837
- Married 10th June 1857
- Alexander Duncan, Born 14th June 1858, 2 John St., Arbroath [Scotland]
- Grace Sharp Duncan, Born 24th May 1860, 2 John St., Arbroath [Scotland]
- George Marshall Duncan, Born 3rd April 1862, 38 West Abbey St., Arbroath [Scotland]
- Jane Heatlie Duncan, Born at 9 Cavendish Place, Glasgow [Scotland], 26th June 1864, Parish of Govan
- Walter Duncan, Born at Gartshore Siding, Parish of Kirkintilloch [Scotland], 14th June 1866
- Robert Marshall Duncan, Born at Gartshore Siding, Parish of Kirkintilloch [Scotland], 20th July 1868
- William Graham Duncan, Born at Gartshore Siding, Parish of Kirkintilloch [Scotland], 27th February 1871
- Margaret Duncan, Born at 22 Twechar Row, Parish of Kirkintilloch [Scotland], 27th July 1873
- Margaret Marshall Died at 22 Twechar Row 5th August 1873 Aged 35 years 11 months
- Margaret Duncan Died at 22 Twechar Row 8th Aug 1873 Aged 12 days
- Robert Marshall [Duncan] Died at Parkfoot, Kilsyth [Scotland] 7 August 1878 Aged 10 years 18 days
- Walter Duncan Died at Glasgow Royal Infirmary 10 August 1882 Aged 16 years 2 months
- Alexander Duncan Died at Glasgow Royal Infirmary 7 March 1883 Aged 24 years 8 months
- Jane Heatlie Duncan Died at Surrey Royal County Hospital Aged 39 years 6 months
- Walter Davidson Duncan died at 30 Market St., Kilsyth, 7th April 1912 Aged 78 years
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)