Was she Judith Fine/Finne?
She can now be identified as Judith Finne, the daughter of William Finne and his wife, Mary (Charwood) Lofte. See Charla Woodbury, James Hamlin and Gene Preston, "Identifying Judith Finne and the Early Family of William2 (William1) Woodbury of Stepney, Middlesex, England, and Beverly, Massachusetts," The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 176 (2022):138-148; digital images by subscription, via pdf download, AmericanAncestors. See also Judith finne 1629 baptismal record, Parish registers of the Stepney parish church; digital image, FamilySearch, FHL Digital Collection, DGS 7,906,338, image 335 of 717], baptism is 12 April 1629, she is 7 days old; parents as "Wm finne of Ratcliffe shipwright & Mary."
Promising research about Judith's identity was first discovered and shared by Charla Woodbury, "Children of William Woodbury ... of Beverly MA," message board posting of Jan. 22, 2009, GenForum. Note: Citing "FHL Film#578, 821St. Dunstan, Stepney, Middlesex, England, page 77" reports marriage "1651, April 17 William Woodburry of Ratcliff Marriner & Judith Fine, M."
Subsequent threaded post cites FHL films #595,417, 595,418, and 597,248 for baptisms and deaths at St. Dunstain of children born to William Woodbury (var. spellings] "of Ratcliff Mariner" and wife Jdth/Judeth/Judith.
FS indexed collection "England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975" has entry for one "Judith Finne" ch. St. Dunstand, Stepney ..., 12 April 1629, dau. Wm Finne and Mary; cites GS film 595417.
- Woodburry-[Hine] 1651 marriage in Stepney parish church, "England, Middlesex Parish Registers, 1539-1988"; database, FamilySearch; image 343 or 435, cites London Metropolitan Archives, England; "17 [April 1651]; she is indexed as "Judith Hine"; "William Woodburry of Ratcliff, marrinor & Judith [?Hine] or [?Ffino] of the same, [?mayde]."
- Woodburry-Fine 1651 marriage, Thomas Colyer-Fergusson, ed., The Marriage Registers of St. Dunstan's Stepney, in the County of Middesex ([Canterbury : Cross & Jackman, Printers, 1898- ]), multiple vols., 2 (1640-1696):77; digital images, Hathi Trust; he is William Woodburry of Ratcliff, Marriner; she is "Judith Fine, M[aid]; marriage is 17 April 1651; Note: See p. 1 for "Contractions used in this volume."
See also later published article--
- Charla Woodbury, James Hamlin and Gene Preston, "Identifying Judith Finne and the Early Family of William2 (William1) Woodbury of Stepney, Middlesex, England, and Beverly, Massachusetts," The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 176 (2022):138-148; digital image by subscription, via pdf download, AmericanAncestors.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)