My name is Amy Gilpin. My connection to the Gilpin name is through my husband's family. As a genealogist and family historian, it only seemed natural to put all of the research I've compiled over the years into a single project.
What is a One Name Study?
So, what exactly is a One Name Study all about? Here is the definition from the Guild of One-Name Studies:
- A One Name Study is a project that researches all occurrences of a surname rathar than a single ancestor (pedigree) or the descendants of one person or couple (descendancy)
You can check out the Wikipedia entry for One Name Studies [HERE]
- To collect data on all occurrances of the Gilpin surname around the world. Please don't let that frighten you! I'll explain in more detail.
- To compile that data into one place (here, on WikiTree) for use by WikiTree users, researchers, and other interested individuals.
- To analyze the data collected.
- For study purposes
- To improve profiles of individuals on WikiTree. A study done on WikiTree is a little different than a study done elsewhere because the [[[Special:Honor_Code||Honor Code]]] is an integral part of the study.
- Geographic distribution of the Gilpin name
- Genealogical lineage reconstruction
- Integrate DNA results into the research when it is provided
- Create a Study Results document each year showing what the research data has resulted in.
How To Participate
Visit the How To Participate page to see how you can help.