The Voyage of the Immigrant ship Wellington to New South Wales Under master M J Howlett and surgeon superintendent R Robertson arrived in Sydney on 1st of April 1859 (122 days) carrying 244 immigrants (242 landed) with deaths on voyage: 2 (2 more in quarantine), there were births on voyage: 7 (1 more in quarantine)
450 old tons / 588 new tons. The ship was built in Sunderland.
- NRS5316/4_4795/Wellington_1 Apr 1859/ from the Assisted Immigrants (digital) Shipping Lists on the New South Wales State Archives and Records website at: http://indexes.records.nsw.gov.au/ebook/list.aspx?series=NRS5316&item=4_4795&ship=Wellington
- Advertising from The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) of Thursday 7 April 1859, Page 2. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/13023408? (incomplete)
- Advertising from The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) of Friday 8 April 1859, Page 6. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/13023436? (incomplete)
- SHIPPING. ARRIVALS.—APRIL 1. from The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) of Saturday 2 April 1859, Page 6. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/13023184?
- VESSELS IN HARBOUR. from The Shipping Gazette and Sydney General Trade List (NSW : 1844 - 1860) of Monday 4 April 1859, Page 53. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/161169638?
- ARRIVALS. from The Shipping Gazette and Sydney General Trade List (NSW : 1844 - 1860) of Monday 4 April 1859, Page 54. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/161169637?
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)