It was founded in 1845 and united with the Buckhaven Parish in 2008 to become the Buckhaven and Wemyss Parish.
It consists of the following towns and villages:
- East Coaltown
- East Wemyss
- West Coaltown
- West Wemyss
- FamilySearch.org: Wemyss, Fife, Scotland Genealogy
- FamilySearch.org: Scotland: Research Strategies for Locating Births, Marriages and Deaths
- The New Statistical Account of Scotland by the Ministers of the Respective Parishes, Vol. IX Fife-Kinross. Publ. William Blackwood & Sons, Edinburgh, 1845; article on Wemyss
- Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland, by Francis Groome, 2nd edition 1896; article on Wemyss
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)