Location: Leschenault, Western Australia
Surnames/tags: Wellington_District Ship_Tree Leschenault
|Port Leschenault |
Island Queen 1840
- Port Leschenault , later Port of Bunbury.
- Elburg, under Capt. J. P. Peereboom, anchored off what is now Bunbury. Peerboom met three Aboriginal people, and returned to Batavia on 16 July 1658. In 1802–03, Nicolas Baudin visited the coast and explored the estuary and nearby rivers.
He named Point Casuarina in Bunbury after one of his ships Casuarina, and the Leschenault Inlet after on-board botanist Jean Baptiste Leschenault de la Tour.
The Leschenault Inlet became the harbour or port for Australind, on the Leschenault estuary, and, later for the township of Bunbury.
- Chart of coast between Garden Island and Port Leschenault (<+Q) - Historic 1829 chart by Lt. W. Preston by A. Hillman, via SRO - State Records Office of Western Australia
- Historic Homesteads in The Western Mail of Perth, Western Australia. (1939) 
- Trove - (<+Q) - X for full screen]
- 5: Forrest House, Picton. + William Forrest (1819 - 1899) - Ernest Forrest
- 6: Upton House, Australind. + William Pearce Clifton (1816-1885) - Dr. Carpenter
- 7: Leschenault, Australind + Pearce Clifton (1816-1885)
- 8: St. Nicholas' Church, Australind + Marshall Waller Clifton (1787 - 1861)
- 34: Saint Mark's Church, Picton. + Rev. R. J. Wooliston who addressed the congregation
- 35: 34: Pioneer memorial, Australind. + Dunne's and Roseleigh Reply Burnside and Glenisla.
- ↑ Western Mail (Perth, WA : 1885 - 1954), various 1939; Retrieved January, 2021