Location: Eugene, Oregon
This page is part of the Oregon Cemeteries Project
See West Lawn Cemetery for people buried in this cemetery. This is a work in progress.
Cemetery name: West Lawn Memorial Park - Previously known as IOOF Cemetery #2
Address: 225 S Danebo Ave, Eugene, OR 97402
GPS Coordinates: 44°03'08.9"N 123°10'41.2"W
Information: In 1902 Bethesda Lutheran Church built a church building and established a cemetery next to it in what is now the Danish and Bethesda section of West Lawn Memorial Park. In 1926 the church building was moved off of the property and the cemetery land was donated to the International Order of the Odd Fellows (IOOF). An outdoor mausoleum was built in 1962 and the first chapel and indoor mausoleum was constructed in 1982. West Lawn Funeral Home was established in 1984, enabling families to have all of their immediate needs met at one location. The Whispering Winds urn garden opened in 1994. After many years of being owned by a large multinational corporation, the cemetery and funeral home were brought back in to local ownership when the Musgrove family purchased the business in 2005. A state of the art Crematorium and Preparation Center was added to the property in 2007.