The Schrankel residence was at this location as far back as 1888. (Mr. Schrankel once manufactured pumps at the rear of his home. He obtained power from Greis's engine nearby. He changed his mill pond into an ice pond perhaps working with Brost and Lutz already mentioned.)
The 2 ½ story brick building was very similar to and was connected with number 31. It also had a brick addition constructed at the back. Later tenants included: Schrankel Meat Market and Sausage factory approximately 1900s-1911, George J. Wendel Undetaker 1913-20, Harters Bakery in approximately 1929, and Central Machine Co. (sewing machines)1950’s-1961
Traveling west on West Main on the north side is 35 west Main street
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)