Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Profile manager: Helen Ford [send private message]
This page has been accessed 47 times.
PROB 11/37/462 Description: Will of John Golde, Gentleman of Seboroworth,(sic) Somerset Date:25 October 1555
In the name of god amen.
- The seconde day of october In the yeare of oure Lorde god a thousand fyve hundred and fortie fyve. I John Golde genteman of Seborougth hole of mynde and body & Remebrance Knowinge that there is no thine more sure than death nor anny thinge more uncerteyne than the hower of deathe willinge no question of variannce shoulde happen after my departinge this present lyffe or for any landes or goodes which hath pleased godd to give me possession and governance of in this present worlde. This considered I make my will and testa[men]t in fourme and manner as followeth.
- First I bequeath my soule unto almightie godd to the hollie Virgin our Lady mother of Christe and all the heavenlie company and my body to be buried in the Church of Crewthorne if it please godd. I departt this present lyfe within the presinct of the saide parsh othewise my body to be at the pleasure of godd in anny other place. Also I bequeath to the Cathedreall church of Wells ( _iijs iijd ?) and to the Church of Crewthorne six shillinges eight pence. To the Church of Seborough twentie shillinges. Tp the Church of Noton Under Hamden six shillings eight pence.
- (first?) I will that Elizabeth my wife shall have and enjoy all my Landes in Somersettshire, Dorsetshire and Devon she during her naturall life if she remain sole and unmarried and further if she (ly__) sole and unmarried as aforesaid then I give and bequeath unto the said Elizabeth my wiffe and my leases, bargainnes and goodes movable and immovable not bequeath aswell (__) the mannor of Seboroughe as without provided allway that she make no sale or sales of tymber or woodd but only take necessary for fireboots and ploughboots for the keping of her housse and husbandrye.
- Also I bequeath to Katheryn Golde my Sister twentie pounds and fower pounds provided yearlie duringe the naturall lyfe of my wiffe in case she doth not marry.
- Also I will that Giles Penny [thouger] after the death of my wiffe shall have the hole mannor of Seborough during his haturall lyf bering and paying to the heire or heress yerely twentie marks, [pro]vided allway that the saide Giles shall make no sale or sales of anny wodd or tymber of or uppon the saide mannor in case he is he shall forgett and lese his estate of the hole manner and my heire or heires ymmidiatlie enter.Further I will that my S[er]v[a]nts Edward Pey, John Wills of Sampitt and Hugh Hooper shall have and injoy jointly my lease of (Estham?) after the death of the daid Elisabeth my wiffe.Further I will Hugh Hooper to have the reversion of Sabell Godwin without paying anny fyne and in lyke manner John Wills of Sampitt to have the reversion of Agnes Corks, and Edmund Pay to have his hargain duringe his lyfe without ainge any Rent
- Also I will Elizabeth my wiffe to give yearly for the space of x yeares to my (_one’) prest to pray for me and my fireendes fower poundes six shillinges eight pence.
- Further I will that Thomas Hobekk vicar of Chardstock shall have duringe the natural lyfe of my said wiffe twentie shillinge yerelie to pray for me and my firendes,
- Further I will in case that the said Elizabeth my wiffe do mary then I will all the movable goodes beinge out of the manner of Seborough to be given to the children of John Bale, William Martin by equall portions provyded allway that the twentie punds before given to Elizabeth Bally to be parcell of the same. Also I will and give to Barnard Golde my best geldinge and after the death of my wiffe a standing Cupp with a cover which hath always remayned in the housse.
- And this I will that the saide Elizabeth my wiffe ordering as aforesaide to be my hole executrix and to order and do further as she thinketh [weress___) in that behalfe and for further assurannce of thes premisses I have putt both my hande and my seale bering record to the same Thomas Hobell vicar of Chardstock
Probate 25th October 1555
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.