Surnames/tags: Denne Tufton Gookin
This is a space page created to sort through the multiple profiles belonging to William Denne, Agnes Tufton and their offspring, subjects of merge suggestions.
- William Denne Denne-67 The profile with the children, Vincent, Thomas etc. - now merged into Denne-65 - thank you to all the PMs involved Fitz-Henry-9 16:06, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
- William Denne Denne-122 listed as married to Alice Tufton. Tufton-48.
- William Denne Denne-65 listed married to Tufton-13, all the William's must, or should merge to this lowest profile number.
- William Denne or Deane Deane-515 listed spouse is Tufton-10.
- William Denne or Dane Dane-165 spouse to Tufton-3....
- Agnes Tufton Tufton-12 The profile spouse to Denne-67 with children. Merged into Tufton-3 by Nic Donnelly Fitz-Henry-9 16:06, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
- Alice Tufton Tufton-48. spouse to Denne-122
- Agnes Tufton Tufton-13. spouse to Denne-65
- Agnes Tufton Tufton-3 spouse to Dane-165 all Agnes Tufton's must, or should merge to this primary profile.
- Agnes Tufton Tufton-10 another one...just found, and an orphan. Urquhart-93 02:29, 2 January 2020 (UTC) Adopted on 2 Jan Proposed merge into Tufton 3 Fitz-Henry-9 16:06, 3 January 2020 (UTC) Now Merged into Tufton-3 by Douglas Duggar.
- Katherine Gookin Denne-64.. she married John Goolkyn at Bekesbourne church, Kent as Kathryn Denne 28 Oct 1568...spouse of Gookin-120..
- Vincent no multiples found.
- Margaret Porredge or Deane connected with Tufton-12 and Denne-67 but has no proof of existence.
- James Denne connected to Alice Tufton and spouse, only child listed, no known James listed to William and Agnes Denne in visitation.
- John Gookin Gookin-36 son of Thomas and Amy...spouse of Deane-399. another Catherine
- John Gookin-86 son of the above couple.
- Sir John Gookin Gookin-120 spouse of Denne-64..Catherine.Now Merged into Gookin-36 by Jeremy Stroud
- John son of Thomas Gookin and Jane Thurston
- Nicholas Tufton the apparent father of Alice and Agnes, spouse of Margaret Hever.
- John Tufton Sheriff of Kent son of above.
- Sir John Tufton son of John the Sheriff.
- Nicholas Tufton, 1st Earl of Thanet son of Sir John, married Lady Frances Cecil.
Alice Denne or Ashurst
- Alice Ashurst Denne mother of William...one of several profiles..
- Alice Denne profile now managed by our illustrious Jo FitzHenry...
- Elizabeth Austen Denne-62... born after both her parents died.....
- Thomas Denne...father....
- Margaret Denne ..Naisshe-1....mother...probably an incorrect LNAB...
- Margaret Denne...Wraith-49...profile managed by Jeremy..
- Robert Austen...Elizabeth's husband.
- I added the little group above because it is part of the family, and because there are two problems.... possible incorrect LNAB's.....and because Elizabeth has apparently been born after both her parents died....as sent in the comment below by Jeremy last night, my time.Urquhart-93 01:15, 6 January 2020 (UTC)
- Burkes Gentry 18452020. online link; Piketty.Pse.Ens.Fr. Accessed January 2 2020. Burke's Gentry 1845, pg 21.
- "Denne Genealogy". 2020. Robertsewell.Ca. Accessed January 2 2020. Denne Genealogy by Robert Sewell, in line, set out site with links, and sources listed, Burkes and Visitation of Kent I have reviewed this website. It's a bit thin on sources and generation 15 - Thomas Denne and Alice Eshehurst - gives Thomas Denne a second wife, Margaret Naishe, and three more children which is wrong. John and Emylyn Naishe are witnesses of Thomas' will. Fitz-Henry-9 23:37, 2 January 2020 (UTC)
- Parish registers of St Giles Kingston, Kent. Baptisms, 1558-1812. Marriages, 1558-1837. Burials, 1558-1812. Prefaced by a list of the rectors of the parish, supplemented by the monumental inscriptions in the church and churchyard. Wilkie, Christopher Hales Publication date 1893 Accesssed 2 January 2020 Internet Archive
- The visitations of the county of Sussex made and taken in the years 1530, Clarenceux. 2020. "The Visitations Of The County Of Sussex Made And Taken In The Years 1530, Thomas Benolte, Clarenceux King Of Arms; And 1633-4 By John Philipot, Somerset Herald, And George Owen, York Herald, For Sir John Burroughs, Garter, And Sir Richard St. George, Clarenceux : Benolt, Thomas, D. 1534 : Free Download, Borrow, And Streaming : Internet Archive". Internet Archive. Accessed January 3 2020. Internet Archive
- Kent Wills D - G. 2020. Freepages.Rootsweb.Com. Accessed January 3 2020. Kent Wills D-G
- The Visitations Of Kent, Taken In The Years 1530-1 By Thomas Benolte, And 1574 By Robert Cooke; V. 75 - Viewer. 2020. Familysearch.Org. Accessed January 3 2020. FamilySearch Internet Archive pg 95, Image 107.
- Villare Cantianum or Kent Surveyed and Illustrated; by Thomas Philpot, 1776.2020.Books.Googleusercontent.Com. Accessed January 3 2020.Internet Archive Google Book
- Inquisitions Post Mortem, British History Online,"Search | British History Online". 2020. British-History.Ac.Uk. Accessed January 3 2020. Calendar of Inquisitions in the reign of Henry VII
- Notes of post mortem inquisitions taken in Sussex. 1 Henry VII, to 1649 and after. Abstracted and translated F.W.T. Attree. 2020. "Notes Of Post Mortem Inquisitions Taken In Sussex. 1 Henry VII, To 1649 And After. Abstracted And Translated By F.W.T. Attree : Great Britain Court Of Chancery : Free Download, Borrow, And Streaming : Internet Archive". Internet Archive. Accessed January 4 2020. Tufton, pg 228.
- University Of Toronto - Robarts Library : Free Books : Free Texts : Free Download, Borrow And Streaming : Internet Archive". 2020. Archive.Org. Accessed January 4 2020. Roberts Library
- 1420-1799, A.1420-1799, Admissions. 2017. "Admissions Register VOL 1 1420-1799 : The Honourable Society Of Lincoln's Inn : Free Download, Borrow, And Streaming : Internet Archive". Internet Archive. Accessed January 5 2020. Lincoln's Inn, Thomas Dene, 1557.
- Nicholas Tufton - Begat Us. 2020. Sites.Google.Com. Accessed January 5 2020. Begat Us website, Nicholas Tufton
- Images of the Parish Registers of Nordiam, Sussex free on FamilySearch.org. Starts in the year 1558 (1 Eliz. 1)