Welcome to the William Penn and Early Pennsylvania Settlers Project 5 Star List
This is the 5 Stars List for all project William Penn and Early Pennsylvania Setters Project
- Goal: To update high access profiles
- Who should Join: Anyone who is interested in making our most viewed Profiles the best that they can be
- How to join: Send your request to SJ Baty
- If there is a 5 star William Penn and Early Pennsylvania Settlers related Profile not on the list that you would like to work on, contact the projecdt leader and we will add it to the list below.
- G2G Thread: All about the 5 Star List Motivation Group will-you-help-us-improve-the-most-visited-profiles?
What to do
- Check that facts are sourced. Try to find sources for ones that aren't sourced.
- If there aren't dates/locations, see if you can find them and add with sources. If you can't find them, it would be helpful to add notes about where you searched so that others don't have to repeat your efforts.
- Check if there are any duplicate family members and propose merges when necessary.
- If there is a biography, make sure it is an originally written narrative, excluding any copyright or licensing violations (for example, not something that was copied and pasted (C&P) from Wikipedia; see Copying Text)
- Rearrange the Biography section into a logical order, remove any GEDCOM junk and clean up after any merges. (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:Biographies)
- Make sure the profile meets our Profile Aesthetics recommendations (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:Profile_Aesthetics and https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Help:HTML_and_Inline_CSS ).
- If there's not a biography, try to lay out a basic narrative and/or timeline of the persons life. Getting the key facts in order will help later.
- See if you can add photographs, pictures, maps or other visual items.
- Add categories, project templates, stickers and/or succession boxes if appropriate.
- If you feel a profile is sufficiently "done", leave a comment for SJ and THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!
5 Star Profiles
- 1 - complete
- 2 - comprehensive bio (just needs cleaning and touch ups)
- 3 - good biography
- 4 - basic bio; has basic elements but needs expansion
- 5 - stub; has only the most basic elements (name, birth year, source)
- 6 - unsourced
|ID-name||View Count||Who's working it||Notes|
|Edward Beeson (bef. 1660 - 1712)||5,212|
|Richard Beeson (bef. 1684 - 1777)||5,212|
|Thomas Hollingsworth (1661 - 1727)||4,365|
|Robert Vernon (abt. 1641 - abt. 1709)||4,311|
|Nicholas Waln (1650 - 1722)||4,125|
|George Maris (1632 - 1705)||3,583|
|William Howell (abt. 1650 - 1709)||3,494|
|William Cloud (abt. 1621 - bef. 1702)||3,490||SJ Baty||2 - needs cleaning|
|Jeremiah Cloud Sr. (1658 - 1716)||3,124|
|John Somers (1648 - 1723)||3,092|
|William Buckman (abt. 1650 - 1716)||2,755|
|William Evans Sr. (abt. 1622 - 1688)||2,681|
|Cuthbert Hayhurst (1632 - 1683)||2,536|
|Valentine Hollingsworth Jr. (abt. 1677 - 1757)||2,412|
|Thomas Stackhouse (1661 - 1744)||2,411|
|Thones Kunders (abt. 1653 - 1729)||2,235|
|Ann (Calvert) Hollingsworth (1650 - 1697)||2,197|
|Thomas Wynne (1627 - 1692)||2,043|
|Elizabeth (Maris) Mendenhall (1665 - abt. 1705)||1,862|
|Henry Blethyn aka Blevins (1643)||1,860|
|William (Claiton) Clayton Sr. (bef. 1632 - bef. 1689)||1,744||SJ Baty||1 - Done|
|Edward Jones (1645 - 1727)||1,553|
|Ellis Jones (abt. 1637 - 1727)||1,300|
|Miriam (Ingram) Short (1642 - 1682)||1,286|
|David Ogden (1655 - 1705)||1,264|
|William Cloud Jr. (1648 - 1720)||1,120|
|Miriam (Short) Coppock (bef. 1664 - aft. 1726)||1,024|
|John Bevan (1646 - 1726)||2,565||Liz Shifflett||MC*|
|Thomas Lloyd (1640 - 1694)||2,258||MC*|
|Samuel Levis (1649 - 1734)||2,284||John Sigh||MC*|
|[[Mildenhall-46|John (Mildenhall) Mendenhall (1659 - 1743)||3,846||Quakers*|
|Honour (Clayton) Brown (1662 - 1738)||2,833||Quakers*|
|John Beals Sr. aka Beales||2,644||Quakers*|
|Benjamin (Mildenhall) Mendenhall||1,989||Quakers*|
|Christopher Pennock (abt. 1645 - bef. 1701)||1,808||Quakers*|
|Thomas (ap Evan) Evans (abt. 1651 - 1738)||1,443||Quakers*|
- * Co-managed by Magna Carta (MC) and Quakers.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: William Penn and Early Pennsylvania Settlers WikiTree and SJ Baty. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)