Gateway Ancestor William Skepper
See the Magna Carta Trails section of his father's profile for lists of profiles included in badged trails to William d'Aubigny, Robert de Ros, John de Lacy, Saher de Quincy, Gilbert de Clare and Richard de Clare and unbadged trails to Roger le Bigod (x2) and Hugh le Bigod.
Descent from WILLIAM DE HUNTINGFIELD (from Alton Rogers - see this document for more detailed info):
- 1. Surety Baron William de Huntingfield married bef. 1194 Isabel FitzWilliam
- 2. Alice de Huntingfield married 2nd Hugh le Rus
- 3. William de Ros married Agatha de Clere
- 4. Alice de Ros married bef. 9 Sep 1265 Richard de Braose
- 5. Mary de Braose married 1287/8 John de Weyland
- 6. Cecily de Weyland married c.1335 Sir Bartholomew de Burghersh
- 7. Elizabeth de Burghhersh married c.1354 Sir Edward le Despenser
- 8. Anne le Despenser married c.1376 Sir Hugh de Hastings
- 9. Sir Edward Hastings married 1406 Muriel Dinham
- 10. John Hastings, Esq. married c.1434 Anne Morley
- 11. Elizabeth Hastings married.1455-60 Sir Robert Hildyard
- 12. Peter Hildyard married c.1490 Joan (Jane) de la See
- 13. Isabel Hildyard married c.1520 Ralph Legard
- 14. Joan Legard married 1550/1 Richard Skepper
- 15. Edward Skepper married 1592 Mary Robinson
- 16. Gateway Rev. William Skepper married 1638/9 Sarah Fisher
Alton Rogers verified trails from Skepper to 15 Sureties (see this doc):
- William d’ Aubeney, Lord of Belvoir Castle, Leicestershire, including historic families such as de Ros, de Vaux, Tibetot, Badlesmere & Despenser. LINK
- Roger Bigod, Earl of Norfolk, including the descendants of Margaret Bigod and William de Hastings.
- Roger Bigod & Hugh Bigod, Earls of Norfolk, including the descendants of Hugh’s daughter Isabel Bigod and her 2nd husband John Fitz Geoffrey.
- Henry de Bohun, Earl of Hereford, including historic families such as Fitz Geoffrey, de Lusignan, Verdun, Grey, Moels & Courtenay.
- Richard de Clare & Gilbert de Clare, Earls of Hertford, including historic families such as de Clare, Marshal, Lacy, Badlesmere, Despenser & de Ros.
- Richard de Clare, Earl of Hertford, including the descendants of Maud de Clare and William de Braose.
- Robert Fitz Walter, Lord of Dunmow Castle, Essex & Baynard’s Castle, London, including historic families such as Longespee, de Burgh, Marshal, Morley & Hastings.
- William de Huntingfield, a Feudal Baron in Suffolk (see above) church info
- John de Lacy, Lord of Halton Castle in Cheshire and Pontefract Castle in West Yorkshire, including the historic Quincy family. See www.haltoncastle.org. LINK
- William de Lanvallei, Lord of Stanway Castle, Essexshire, including historic families such as de Burgh, Ferres, Marshal & Morley.
- William Malet, Lord of Curry-Malet, Somersetshire, Sheriff of Somerset and Dorset Counties, including historic families such as Vivonne, Ferres, Beauchamp, Despenser & Tibetot.
- William de Mowbray, Lord of Axholme Castle, Lincolnshire, including descendants of Joan de Mowbray and Robert de Mohaut.
- Saher de Quincy & Roger de Quincy, Earls of Winchester, including the descendants of Roger’s daughter Elizabeth de Quincy and Alexander Comyn. LINK
- Saher de Quincy & Roger de Quincy, Earls of Winchester, including the descendants of Roger’s daughter Margaret de Quincy and William de Ferrers.
- Robert de Ros, Lord of Hamlake Castle, Yorkshire, including historic families such as Aubeney, Vaux, Tibetot, de Vere, Badlesmere & Despenser. LINK
- Robert de Vere, Earl of Oxford, including historic families such as Quincy, Courtenay, Despenser & Moels.
William Skepper is also a descendant of the following Illustrious Men (info from Alton Rogers - see this doc):
- Willelmi comitis Arundellie (William Earl of Arundel) - William d’Aubigny/Aubeney 3rd Earl of Arundel
- Alani de Galewaya constabularii Scocie (Alan of Galloway Constable of Scotland) - Alan, Lord of Galloway in Scotland aka Alan Fitz Roland
- Petri filii Hereberti (Peter fitz Herbert) - Peter/Piers fitz Herbert, Lord of Blaen Llyfni, co. Brecknock in Wales
- Huberti de Burgo senscalli Pictavie (Hubert de Burgh Seneschal de Poitou) - Herbert de Burgh, 1st Earl of Kent, Seneschal (lord) de Poitou in France
- Alani Basset (Alan Basset) - Alan Basset, Lord of Wycombe, co. Buckingham aka Lord Basset of Wycombe
Info to be incorporated into Skepper biography (at Sep 2020):
Thank you to Alton Rogers for sharing your research!! All the documents linked to this page are from his personal research files and should not be copied without his permission.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)