Surnames/tags: Wreford Wrayford Wreyford
About the Project
The WREFORD Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the WREFORD name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the WREFORD name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England WREFORDs), by time period (18th Century WREFORDs), or by topic (WREFORD DNA, WREFORD Occupations, WREFORD Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the WREFORD Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams and research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team/research page, and then dive right in!
If a team or research page does not yet exist for your particular area of interest, please contact the Name Study Coordinator: Alison Palmer for assistance.
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Teams / Research Pages
- Wreford Pedigree Project - aims to connect the profiles of all the people mentioned in the Wreford Pedigree.
- Other suggestions or interests? Please Contact.
Please join in!
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
There have been many spelling variations (or mistranscriptions) in records, including:
Reeford, Reford, Refford, Weiford, Wraiford, Wreaford, Wreaforde, Wrefford, Wreiford, Wreaforde, Wreyforde, Wrayforde.
Have you seen any others?
Some Wreford profiles will have been adopted or created as part of this project. Feel free to adopt any of the orphaned Wreford profiles linked below. If you have a particular interest in, or would like to become profile manager of certain Wreford profiles that are not orphaned, please contact Alison Palmer.
Interesting Wreford Connections
- William Wreford (abt.1833-1926) owned the shed in which Henry Ford (1863-1947) made his first car.
- Minnie Jane Wreford (abt.1869-abt.1957) was the grandmother of comedic actor Peter Edward Cook (1937-1995).
- Cyril Frederick Wreford (abt.1899-abt.1978) married a descendant of Oliver Cromwell (1599-1658).
- Bridget Aphra Wreford (1927-abt.2019) married the grandson of William Waldorf Astor (1848-1919).
- Got Wrefords? Join the Wreford One Name Study! Aug 4, 2020.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Alison Palmer and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)