Surnames/tags: Wride Wryde Wryth
About the Project
The Wride Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Wride name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Wride name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Wride's), by time period (18th Century Wride's), or by topic (Wride DNA, Wride Occupations, Wride Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Wride Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- Wride Lineage and Distribution looking at the distribution of various lineages, and how they migrated.
- Wride Brick Walls which lists those profiles that have brick walls.
- England & Wales Wride Research which is a tabular research tracker to assist with researching any person born in England & Wales with the surname Wride (or its variants).
- Just me, Roy Walmsley at the moment. A warm welcome to anyone interested in joining.
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roy Walmsley and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)