Surnames/tags: Wyckoff Wykoff
About the Project
The Wyckoff Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Wyckoff name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Wyckoff name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Wyckoffs), by time period (18th Century Wyckoffs), or by topic (Wyckoff DNA, Wyckoff Occupations, Wyckoff Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Wyckoff Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Teams / Research Pages
- Example: Name - I am interested in the Wyckoffs of Europe during the 18th Century. I am hoping that this research will help me break down one of my brick walls!
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
This is a place to post your Wyckoff family lines to see how we are all connected.
- Ideas for posts:
- Meaning of the Wyckoff surname, geographical origin of the Wyckoff surname, Wyckoff veterans, famous Wyckofft family members
Please post any questions or other items of interest!
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Cassie Wicks. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)