upload image

York 1829

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: [unknown]
Surname/tag: Dumas
This page has been accessed 97 times.

The journey on the “York”. Interestingly it seems some of the historical clocks in Tasmania arrived on the York with Captain John Craig Dumas and the Dumas family. King George IV donated six clocks, each with a great bell. When they arrived aboard the convict ship York in 1829, three were installed in Hobart, one at St Luke’s Richmond, one at St Johns Launceston and one at Christchurch Longford[1] [2] [3]

Sources

  1. St Luke's clock restoration, https://www.tasmaniananglican.com.au/ta200411-23/
  2. St John's Anglican Church clock the focus of Historical Society talk, https://www.examiner.com.au/story/4787177/society-talk-takes-a-trip-through-time-photos/
  3. On the Convict Trail, http://ontheconvicttrail.blogspot.com/2017/06/christ-church-longford.html


This is an "orphaned" profile — there's no Profile Manager to watch over it. Please adopt this profile.


Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.