Surnames/tags: Zientek Ziętek
About the Project
The Zientek Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Zientek name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Zientek name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Zientek's), by time period (18th Century Zientek's), or by topic (Zientek DNA, Zientek Occupations, Zientek Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Zientek Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
The Zientek surname is an anglicized form of Ziętek, which is possibly from a diminutive of Polish zięć meaning "son-in-law". It is pronounced as ZEN-teck.
- Link existing Zientek/Ziętek profiles to the Zientek Study.
- Find/Add missing family members for Zachary Zientek.
- Ensure all profiles linked to the Name Study are fully sourced.
- Add family members based on new research.
- Example: Name - I am interested in the Zientek's of Europe during the 18th Century. I am hoping that this research will help me break down one of my brick walls!
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Zachary Zientek. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)