I am Australian. I was born in Kerang, a small town in the wheat belt of Victoria, about 3 hours’ drive north-west of Melbourne.
I grew up in Melbourne, not far from the Riversdale Golf Club where my father worked as the club’s golf pro. I come from a family of golfers. My parents met on the golf course. All of my grandparents were avid golfers. My great-grandfather was a member of Royal Melbourne Golf Club, and my great-great-uncle won the Australian Amateur golf championship.
It might sound strange, but I don’t play golf. I run. I represented Australia at the 2008 Beijing Paralympic Games, competing in the 800m at the Bird’s Nest. And, no, I didn’t win a medal. I came 9th overall.
I am a lawyer by training. I graduated from Monash University before going on to postgrad studies at Kyushu University in Japan. I worked as a lawyer in Melbourne for more than a decade, specialising in corporate and financial services law, but now live in Japan with my wife and two teenage daughters.
I am one of the Project Coordinators of WikiTree's England Project.
- First-hand information. Entered by I Speed.
- I's formal name
- e-mail address
- images (1)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- autosomal DNA test connections
I is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- so I know what's going on
- is where I'm from
- takes time but is worth the effort
- member of the England Project's managed profiles team, orphaned profiles team and county teams for Somerset and Gloucestershire
- certified to do
- team leader of England Project's Somerset team
- from London; especiailly Colonel Speed, transported to Australia as a convict
- originally from Aberdeenshire; became a dynasty of lawyers and judges in England and Australia
- and fashion advice??