||Diana (Spencer) Princess of Wales is a member of the royalty, nobility or aristocracy in the British Isles.|
Join: British Isles Royals and Aristocrats 1500-Present Project
Diana, Princess of Wales, was the first wife of Charles, Prince of Wales.
On 29 July 1981, at age 20, Diana married Charles, and became the Princess of Wales. While married, her full title was Her Royal Highness The Princess Charles Philip Arthur George, Princess of Wales and Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles, Princess of Scotland.
Princess Diana died on 31 August 1997, after being fatally injured in a car crash in Paris, France.
Diana, Princess of Wales is 2 Degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms
- Wikipedia: Diana, Princess of Wales
- Roberts, Gary B., and William A. Reitwiesner. American ancestors and cousins of the Princess of Wales: the New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Virginia forebears, near relatives, and notable distant kinsmen, through her American great-grandmother, of Lady Diana Frances Spencer, now Her Royal Highness the Princess of Wales. Baltimore: Genealog. Publ. Co., 1984. Print.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Diana's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Gilly Wood, Lianne Lavoie, British Royals and Aristocrats Sixteenth Century to the Present WikiTree, and Douglas Masterson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 14 Jan 2017 at 04:07 GMT Rosemary (Bridges) Berman wrote:
On 23 Nov 2016 at 20:32 GMT Evelyn (Murray) McKelvey wrote:
On 21 Nov 2016 at 01:50 GMT Ken Wise wrote:
Relationships are based on shared ancestry. The first common ancestor we found for Diana (Spencer) Princess of Wales and Ken Wise is John Sulliard."
I am GOB-SMACKED! ...and obviously honored.
On 19 Sep 2016 at 01:27 GMT John Atkinson wrote:
On 23 Aug 2016 at 23:01 GMT Gilly Wood wrote:
On 23 Aug 2016 at 07:18 GMT Tim Perry wrote:
On 13 Apr 2016 at 22:11 GMT Gilly Wood wrote:
On 1 Apr 2015 at 21:45 GMT John Akard III wrote:
I believe the full name as you have it now is confusing and in need of improving. If I may suggest, Prefix;Lady, Proper first name; Diana , Preferred first name; left blank, Nick name; Princess Di, Middle name; Frances, Last name at birth; Spencer, Current last name; Princess of Wales, Other last name; of the House of Windsor.
Diana is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 16 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 21 degrees from David Selman and 2 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.