Moses marries to Jane E. Randall on January 10, 1842 in Dryden, Lapeer County, Michigan. Jane E. Randall was born on November 24, 1824 in Zorra, Ontario, Canada. She died on October 14, 1865 in Reese, Tuscola County, Michigan.
Moses died on March 6, 1865 in Portsmouth, Bay County, Michigan after being shot by Calvin R. Hills when Moses stepped in to assist a neighbour, Mrs. Baker.
Children of Moses Spencer and Jane E. Randall are:
1. Moses Manuel Spencer Jr. was born on December 8, 1843 in Dryden, Lapeer County, Michigan. He dies on December 30, 1843 in Dryden, Lapeer County, Michigan.
2. Mary E. Clarissa Spencer was born on February 7, 1845 in Guilford. Mary marries to Jacob Henry Mosher on the 6th day of February, 1861 at Dryden. She dies on April 28, 1863 in Guilford.
3. Daniel Luke Spencer was born on December 3, 1848 in Attica. He marries to Samantha J. Warren on February 22, 1869 in Gilford. Daniel dies on October 14, 1929 in Tuscola.
4. Hannah Jane Spencer was born on March 1850 in Dryden. Hannah marries to Nathaniel Streeter on February 3, 1868 in Gilford. She dies on March 25, 1915 in Bay County, Michigan.
5. Eldorus Spencer was born on October 29, 1852 in Dryden. He died on October 30, 1852 in Dryden.
6. Captain John Paul Spencer was born on February 12, 1854 in Tuscola. John marries to Henrietta Osborne on June 19, 1880 in Reese. He dies on May 9, 1915 in Prince George, British Columbia, Canada.
7. Jerome Randall Spencer was born on December 25, 1856 in Gilford. Jerome marries to Harriet Susan Showers on married March 28, 1877 in Tuscola. Jerome dies on October 14, 1937 at Gilford.
8. Phoebe E. Spencer was born in about 1859 in Gilford. Marries to Unknown Jenkins.
9. Candance L. Spencer was born in about 1862 in Gilford. Marries to John Haltz on December 22, 1878 in Tuscola.
Death - Find A Grave, database and images (accessed 06 October 2019), memorial page for Moses Manuel Spencer, Sr (3 Feb 1816–6 Mar 1865), Find A Grave: Memorial #7870418, citing Gilford Cemetery, Gilford, Tuscola County, Michigan, USA ; Maintained by gypsy (contributor 46589617) .
Death - Headstone Photograph of Moses Spencer by Ellinda, FindAGrave Contributor #47305935. Image Published on FindAGrave on 9/14/2012. Image used with Permission of Photographer.
Newspaper Articles - "Wicked Bay City, Michigan". Books on Google Play. Author Tim Younkman. Arcadia Publishing, May 30, 2016. 128 pages. Referencing Chapter 3 - AWOL for Murder. ISBN: 1439656592, 9781439656594. Length 128 pages.
Census - "1850 United States Census," database with images, FamilySearch : 9 November 2014, Moses Spencer, Dryden, Lapeer, Michigan, United States; citing family 511, NARA microfilm publication M432 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
Census - "1840 United States Census," database with images, FamilySearch : accessed 25 November 2015), Timothy Spencer, Dryden Township, Lapeer, Michigan, United States; citing p. 21, NARA microfilm publication M704, (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.), roll 207; FHL microfilm 14,796.
Thank you to Beverly Henry for creating Spencer-6321 on 14 Nov 13. Click the Changes tab for the details on contributions by Beverly and others.
Is Moses your ancestor? Please don't go away! Login to collaborate or comment, or
a profile manager, or ask our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Moses by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: