[private father (1940s - unknown)]
and [private mother (1950s - unknown)]
[private brother (1980s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 28 May 2020
| Created 8 Feb 2017 | Last significant change: 8 May 2020
This page has been accessed 7,590 times.
My name is Clare Spring, I was born in Canberra, Australia in 1987. My mother was born in Auckland, New Zealand and my father was born in Melbourne.
I started researching my family history in February 2017 and Wikitree has been an extraordinarily helpful platform to do this, and to contain all my research.
I'm particularly keen to "grow branches", meet family members (please get in touch!), and to add information to the profiles of my ancestors. I'm also keen to learn more about my migrating ancestors, including:
- great-grandfather Norman Michael Campbell who was born in South Africa, married my great-grandmother Lydia Talbot in Northumberland, England, and moved to New Zealand in the 1920s with my grandmother Elizabeth.
- great, great grandfather William Spring who moved to Australia from Ireland in the 1800s
- great, great, great grandmother Frances Sheppard who moved to Australia with her family in the 1850s from Ireland
- great, great grandfather William Frederick Salmon (born in Somerset and moved to Australia in the 1850s)
The table below outlines my progress identifying direct ancestors.
|| Dates of birth
|| No. identified
|| % identified
|1||Parents||1940s to 1950s ||2 ||2 ||100
|2||Grandparents||1910s to 1920s||4 || 4||100
|3||Great grandparents||1870s to 1890s||8||8||100
|4||2nd great grandparents ||1830s to 1860s||16||13||81.25
|5||3rd great grandparents||1790s to 1830s||32||23||71.875
|6||4th great grandparents||TBD||64||29||45.3125
- ↑ First-hand information entered by Clare.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Clare's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (20)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Clare Spring's full information you must be on Clare's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Clare is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- To keep an eye on announcements
- My home
- Sorting my managed profiles
- Thomas Colclough (1726-1807) is my great, great, great, great, great grandfather.
- To see all the news
- Our famous relations
- Interested in the progress of 'One Name' studies
- To keep an eye on pre-1500 issues
- Francis Rennick (1798?-1850?) is my great, great, great, great grandfather.
- William Frederick Salmon (1853-1923) is my great-great-grandfather.
- William Spring (1820-??) is my great, great, great grandfather.
- Keep up to date on Wikitree stats
- George Robson Talbot (bef. 1880 - ?) is my great, great grandfather.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Clare by comparing test results with other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Clare:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.