Most of my ancestors arrived in North America well before 1700 with a number of the family lines being part of the Puritan Great Migration (1620-1640) including Baskel, Brundish, Buckingham, Castle, Clark, Collins, Eaton, Frost, Grover, Hopkins, Howland, Husted, King, Kirby, Lamb, Lewis, Lippitt, Phelps, Rice, Richmond, West, White and more.
The progenitor of our branch of Stantons was John Stanton who arrived Virginia 1635.
Our earliest documented Native American ancestor was my 9th great grandmother, a Wampanoag Massasoit woman named Mary or Sarah, who married 9th great grandfather James Covell Sr in 1660, Edgartown, Massachusetts.
Quakers and Revolutionaries
A very significant portion of my ancestry is Quaker going back to the founding of the Society of Friends and the family has remained Quaker into the 21st Century. This is juxtaposed against another significant portion of my ancestry which includes many Revolutionary War Patriots. Some who served later became Quaker such as Capt Ebenezer Seeley who for a time served under Gen. Washington. The following lists are being added to as time permits.
Revolutionary War Patriots
Revolutionary War Patriots Who Became Quakers
US Presidential Relatives
WikiTree has a disturbing number of lineages to Presidents without those relationships being confident. This list contains those where my lineage to the common ancestor has been vetted and marked confident. This list is being added to as time permits.
Franklin Pierce - 6th cousin 5 times removed; 6 common ancestors
Andrew Johnson - 4th cousin 4 times removed; 4 common ancestors
Ulysses S. Grant - 7th cousin 4 times removed, 8 common ancestors. It is interesting that my 9th great grandparents, Capt Richard and Joanna Betts, lived on the very road in Queens, New York as I did 300 years later. Joanna's mother, my 10th great grandmother Elizabeth Stoughton Chamberlain, is the common ancestor with President Grant.
Rutherford B Hayes - 6th cousin, 3 times removed; 8 common ancestors
James A Garfield - 5th cousin 3 times removed; 16 common ancestors
Chester Alan Arthur - 7th cousin 3 times removed; 3 common ancestors
Grover Cleveland - 5th cousin 3 times removed; 9 common ancestors
Benjamin Harrison - 7th cousin 4 times removed; 4 common ancestors
Herbert Hoover - 8th cousin 2 times removed; 9 common ancestors
Franklin Delano Roosevelt - 6th cousin 3 times removed; 26 common ancestors
Harry Truman - 6th cousins 2 times removed; 2 common ancestors
Richard Nixon 7th cousins 2 times removed; 14 common ancestors
- First-hand information.
- T's formal name
- e-mail address
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
T is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Numerous ancestors who served Revolutionary War
- The majority of ancestry from England
- Interested in descendants of John Huested (1510-1583)
- To follow the threads
- Following regarding Pearson and related families who arrived 1681-83.
- Following multiple surnames who are ancestors included in the Great Migration.
- My heritage includes hundreds of Quakers in multiple branches of the family.
- Particular interest in finding ancestors of Joseph Razey 1740-1810 in New Hampshire.
- Lawton family
- Particularly the Virginia 1607-June 25, 1788 sub-project
- Particularly interested in furthering research on John Stanton (1608-?) who arrived Virginia 1635 on the ship George and his descendants thru Sylvanus Stanton (b 1725, Virginia).
- Many documented ancestors and ancestral lines in Virginia
- Interested in the ancestors of Julia A Withey born 20 Nov 1823 in New York State who married Hiram Razey abt 1843.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to T. (Best for comments to T that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about T that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 2 Dec 2018 at 21:27 GMT William Foster Jr wrote:
On 23 Nov 2018 at 21:57 GMT Juha (Niskakoski) Soini wrote:
I have also awarded you the Military and War project badge as it is the umbrella project for all the wars.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the projects and the guidelines we have in place.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Juha Soini ~ WikiTree mentor
On 8 Nov 2018 at 01:03 GMT Zoiya (Holland) Tate wrote:
On 28 Oct 2018 at 13:05 GMT Tom Horner wrote:
On 20 Oct 2018 at 08:36 GMT SJ Baty wrote:
On 10 Oct 2018 at 14:40 GMT Elizabeth (Shaw) Joslin wrote:
On 6 Oct 2018 at 15:15 GMT SJ Baty wrote:
On 6 Oct 2018 at 15:11 GMT SJ Baty wrote:
On 30 Sep 2018 at 10:26 GMT Jill (Turkington) Lee wrote:
Relationship Finder says that we are T and Jill are 9th cousins:
T Stanton and Jill (Turkington) Lee are both descendants of Matthew Beckwith.
On 17 Sep 2018 at 13:56 GMT Dennis Orr wrote: