- Carl Heinrich Stark's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person was created through the import of MASTER2011WIKITREE.GED on 27 January 2011. The following data was included in the gedcom. You may wish to edit it for readability.
- Name: Carl* Heinrich /Stark/
- Name: Charles /Stark/
Found multiple versions of NAME. Using Carl* Heinrich /Stark/ .
- Date: 19 NOV 1826
- Place: Stargard, Germany
- Note: As of 2003, there are at least two towns named Stargard that were in Germany at this time. One is now in Poland; the other is Burg Stargard, located south of Neubrandenburg in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Political District 1 in Germany. This address is 17094 Burg Stargard.
- Source: #S308
- Page: Back of photo has birth date notation Nov. 19th 1826 (in my father's handwriting)
- Data Changed:
- Date: 16 APR 2010
Prior to import, this record was last changed 16 APR 2010 .
Ancestors of Interest
- Ancestors of Interest: @SUB1@
- Date: 19 MAR 1864
- Place: Ship: City of Baltimore, New York, New York County, NY
- Note: from Liverpool, England; shows origin as Germany; with Maria (age 34), Franz (14), Emma (11), Augusta (8). These ages are not correct. See Birth records, per censuses, for each.
- Source: #S401
- Page: MF serial M237/238; list number 188
- Date: 1880
- Place: Portland, Multnomah County, OR
- Note: shows Charles Stark (age 50, b. Prussia, occ. painter) with wife Mary (50, Prussia, midwife), son-in-law Henry DEUS(sic) (35, Prussia, barber), daughter Gussie Deus (28, Prussia, keeping house), granddaughter Mary Deus (4, NY), and Pearly Schroeder - other. Mary Deus is my grandmother, Henry and Gussie are my great grandparents. Note spelling: name should be Tigges!
- Source: #S312
- Page: National Archives Film T9-1083 (FHL film 1255083), page 400D
- Note: According to family lore, Carl and his family were in Chicago after the Chicago Great Fire (10/8/1871) and in Portland after the Portland Great Fire (8/2/1873). Since he was naturalized in New York City in 1874, they must have moved later. Since he was a painter, I wonder if he moved to those cities to find work after all the destruction that had occurred. The family was in Oregon by 1880.
- Occupation: a painter
Naturalization as a Citizen
- Naturalization as a Citizen:
- Date: 09 NOV 1874
- Place: 326 E. 56th St., New York, New York County, NY
- Source: #S334
- Page: Number S 362, Bundle No. 433, Copy of Record No. 277
- Note: States his occupation as painter, former nationality German, date of arrival 1863. Witness to naturalization: Samuel Herbst, 81 Chatham St., NYC
- Type: Euro-Origin
- Place: Stargard, Stadtkreis Stargard, Pommern (now Zachodnio-Pomorskie), Germany (now Poland)
- Note: German Name: Stargard
- Today's Name: Stargard Szczecinski
- Kreis/County: Stadtkreis Stargard
- German Province: Pommern
- Today's Province : Zachodnio-Pomorskie
- Location: East 15°02' North 53°20'
- Location Description: This village/town is located 34.3 km and 107 degrees from Stettin, which is known today as Szczecin
- Lutheran Parish: Stargard 1905
- Catholic Parish: Stargard 1905
- Standesamt/Civil Registry: Stargard 1905
- Gemeindelexikon/Town Index
- Population By Year/Einwohner
- 1905: 26817
- Source: #S476
- Husband: Carl* Heinrich Stark
- Wife: Marie* Dorothea UNKNOWN
- Child: Franz Carl Stark
- Child: Augusta* Ernestine Stark
- Child: Emma Caroline Wilhelmine Stark
- Date: BEF 1847
Could not parse date out of BEF 1847.
<reference/> Title: Doris's Genealogy (Detail, photos, sources) 
- Source S308
- Title: Family records
- Abbreviation: Family records
- Source S312
- Title: Census
- Abbreviation: Census
- Source S334
- Title: United States Naturalization Records
- Abbreviation: Naturalization records
- Source S401
- Title: Ancestry Web Site
- Abbreviation: Ancestry.com
- Source S476
- Title: Web page, Subject: genealogy
- Abbreviation: Web page
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Carl Heinrich by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Carl Heinrich:
- Doris (Muller) Wheeler : 23andMe, GEDMatch A206179 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A206179, Ancestry member dorisw + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch A206179, FTDNA kit #N19709
- Private Muller : 23andMe, GEDMatch M712835
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Carl Heinrich is 24 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 35 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 23 degrees from Abby Glann, 25 degrees from Charles Schulz and 25 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.