- John Stebbins's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Birth: 13 Feb 1686/87, at Springfield, Massachusetts, to Samuel Stebbins and Abigail Brooks. (Samuel first married Joanna Lamb. His second wife, Abigail, was the daughter of William Brooks and Mary Burt. Samuel and Abigail were married on 10 Dec 1685.)
- Marriage: 10 Mar 1710 at Springfield, Massachusetts
- Wife: Patience Wright, born 18 Apr 1684 at Northampton, Massachusetts; died 25 Oct 1761 at Brimfield, Massachusetts.
- John Stebbins, Jr., born 20 Jan 1712; married Margaret Brooks.
- Mary Stebbins, born 15 Aug 1715; married Amos Kellogg 12 Jan 1744.
- Levi Stebbins, born 5 Jul 1718; married Mary Post.
- Patience Stebbins, married Joseph Hitchcock.
- Death: May 1765 at Brimfield, Massachusetts.
- The Stebbins Genealogy’’. Ralph Stebbins Greenlee and Robert Lemuel Greenlee. Chicago, 1904. Volume 1 Volume 2.
- Ancestry tree #112019: Public Member Trees. Ancestry.com online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original data - Family trees submitted by Ancestry members. 104-B.ged imported on 12 September 2010.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with John by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Gary Stebbins : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-Z18092, Ysearch 2BH77, FTDNA kit #B40340
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Carole Partridge and Karen Munro. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 25 Nov 2014 at 20:15 GMT Carole Partridge wrote:
John is 13 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 16 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.