6X Great-grandmother of TRH Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie of York.
Jane was born in 1721, the daughter of James Stephenson (c.1690-1774) of Killyfaddy in the parish of Armagh (later Lisnadill) and county of Armagh.
In 1761, she married Dr. James Ferguson (1715-1785) of Belfast.
Jane Ferguson née Stephenson died on the 24th January 1804, and was buried in Clifton Street Cemetery (associated with Clifton House on Queen Street), in Belfast.
↑ Kilpatrick, Alison. "The Killyfaddy, County Armagh Connection to the House of York." Familia: Ulster Genealogical Review. No. 33 (2017), pp. 191-213. Belfast: Ulster Historical Foundation, 2017.
↑ Church of Ireland, Diocese of Armagh. Marriage Licence Bonds. James Ferguson and Jane Stephenson, 1761. Copies of index online at familysearch.org, “Index to Church of Ireland diocesan marriage licenses,” from FHL film no. 100859 (accessed by Alison Kilpatrick, 2016-04-30).
↑ Clifton Street cemetery, Belfast. Gravestone inscription for Mrs. James Ferguson (née Jane Stephenson) and her descendants, including John Stephenson Ferguson, Esq. (d.1833). “Here lie the remains of Mrs Ferguson relict of the late Doctor Ferguson who / died 24th Jan’y 1804 Aged 83 years / Also of two of her Grandchildren / Elizabeth and Alexander who died / infants and her Grandson James / Ferguson who died 26th Oct’r 1816 / Aged 26 years / Also his Son / John Stephenson Ferguson / who died 20th Dec’r 1816 / Aged 3 years / Also of John Stephenson / Ferguson Esq’r who died 3rd March / 1883 [sic] in his 70th year / Also his Widow / Mrs Ellen Ferguson who died on / the 29th March 1837 in her 70th year / Also Colonel George Ferguson / youngest Son of the above / John S Ferguson Esq’r who died in / Paris on the 30th day of April / 1878 in his 75th year / Also / John Francis Ferguson D.L.J.P. / who died 17th Sep’r 1879 / Aged 78 years.” Transcribed by the Belfast History Project (formerly the Glenravel History Project), and published in their booklet, “Graves (Upper Ground,” (pg. 4, project ref. USL24), online at belfasthistoryproject.com (accessed 2017-09-11); confirmed by Alison Kilpatrick during visit to the cemetery in September, 2017.